TrentVilla

What do you reckon  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What do you reckon

• I want Barca to do it and I think they will
    • I want Barca to do it but I think Chel$ki will win
    • I want Chel$ki to do it and I think they will
    • I want Chel$ki to do it but I think Barca will win

Some Munich supporting twot texted into "you're on Sky Sports" after the match to say that what Drogba did was worse than what Cantona did, and he should be given a similar ban.

Yes, swearing and assault are comparable I suppose. To some people :lol:

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because yours was an FA Cup semi where you played your kids and it was your 3rd priority.....whereas Chelsea were playing for a place in the champions league final, which is the only thing they could win?

Fergie would have completely lost the plot tonight if those decisions went against Man Utd...

No he wouldnt. He didn't lose the plot last night when Darren Fletcher was the victim of a heinous miscarraige of justice.

Because you won!!!

Now imagine you'd been knocked out and had 4 very good shouts for a penalty turned down.

He would have gone purple and screamed at everybody in sight.

Cannot for the life of me see how either of the first two were pens. Both dives and both just looking for a pen. The two hand balls on the other hand... hope that ref never sees as much as a blade of grass again. And Ballack should have seen red.

I cant even beggin to describe how dumb Redknap is.

The Malouda one was a clear penalty to be fair. He turns him, is still in control of the ball, and gets strangled round the throat. Stonewall.

All I can see is two players turning for a ball and getting tangled up. After a bit of pushing and pulling on both parts, as soon as he got in the box, he dropped like a sack of potatoes.

No, Malouda is in posession of the ball, turns him and attempts to change direction, and is clearly blocked off by Alves' arm across his throat. He makes no attempt to play the ball, and it's a definite pen.

Maybe because yours was an FA Cup semi where you played your kids and it was your 3rd priority.....whereas Chelsea were playing for a place in the champions league final, which is the only thing they could win?

Fergie would have completely lost the plot tonight if those decisions went against Man Utd...

No he wouldnt. He didn't lose the plot last night when Darren Fletcher was the victim of a heinous miscarraige of justice.

Because you won!!!

Now imagine you'd been knocked out and had 4 very good shouts for a penalty turned down.

He would have gone purple and screamed at everybody in sight.

Maybe. But really, all this talk after the fact isnt going to change anything. The two best teams in Europe are in the European Cup Final. thats all that matters.

Maybe. But really, all this talk after the fact isnt going to change anything. The two best teams in Europe are in the European Cup Final. thats all that matters.

Man Utd are the best team in europe.

I think the 2nd best team in europe lost tonight.

I hope they give that referee the final, now that would be a laugh :D

Yea, lets see Stretford's reaction when he denies Man Utd 4 penalties :lol:

But the thing you have to remember is that he got decisions wrong in Chelsea's favour tonight as well. Abidal should not have been sent off, that was a mistake. Michael Ballack should undoubtedly have been sent off for threatening a match official, and Drogba should have been shown a red after the whistle for foul and abusive language.

Chelsea should man up, admit they didn't take their chances when they should have and be thankful that two of their major players haven't been banned.

Some Munich supporting twot texted into "you're on Sky Sports" after the match to say that what Drogba did was worse than what Cantona did, and he should be given a similar ban.

Yes, swearing and assault are comparable I suppose. To some people :lol:

Munich?

:shock:

The Ballack and Drogba decisions were irrelevant to the result.

Those Abidal ones where always get given, they're unfortunate, but if the attacker is in front of the defender and the defenders run across him and trips him, it'll be given as a foul.

Second best team in Europe are third in the English League? Thats quite something.

Second best team in Europe are third in the English League? Thats quite something.

Chelsea under Hiddink = 2nd best team in europe.

Chelsea under Scolari = also rans.

Remind me who they had for the bulk of the season?

Those Abidal ones where always get given, they're unfortunate, but if the attacker is in front of the defender and the defenders run across him and trips him, it'll be given as a foul.

Irrelevant to this result yes, but they deserve to be suspended for at least their next Champions League match in the 2009/10 Group Stages, if not 3 matches.

It's a shame that Abidal will miss the final, I think everyone in football regardless of who you support wants to see the best players in the final, and for players to be suspended for that game is always saddening.

I think if UEFA learn anything from the last 2 nights, its to appoint experienced, competent referees for their big matches, and to allow appeals on red-card decisions.

Chelsea under Hiddink = 2nd best team in europe.

Chelsea under Scolari = also rans.

Remind me who they had for the bulk of the season?

Statistically, Chelsea under Avram Grant actually were the 2nd best team in Europe because they played the UEFA Champions League Final. Under Hiddink, they've not reached the final, therefore they're 3rd in Europe, surely?

I hope they give that referee the final, now that would be a laugh :D

Yea, lets see Stretford's reaction when he denies Man Utd 4 penalties :lol:

But the thing you have to remember is that he got decisions wrong in Chelsea's favour tonight as well. Abidal should not have been sent off, that was a mistake. Michael Ballack should undoubtedly have been sent off for threatening a match official, and Drogba should have been shown a red after the whistle for foul and abusive language.

Chelsea should man up, admit they didn't take their chances when they should have and be thankful that two of their major players haven't been banned.

Bullshit mate. I normally empathize if not agree with most of what you contribute however to suggest that any time would not be riled up after such an inept refereeing performance is way off. The fact that they complained doesn't mean they were any less robbed. Further it's not exactly an overreaction given that for many this was the last plausible chance to win the Champions' League.

Abidal's sending off doesn't really compensate for four penalties.

If in the final he sends VDS off wrongly in the first minute and then Messi wrongly in the 89th when Barca are 3-0 up I doubt you'd say it evens itself out.

Irrelevant to this result yes, but they deserve to be suspended for at least their next Champions League match in the 2009/10 Group Stages, if not 3 matches.

It's a shame that Abidal will miss the final, I think everyone in football regardless of who you support wants to see the best players in the final, and for players to be suspended for that game is always saddening.

I think if UEFA learn anything from the last 2 nights, its to appoint experienced, competent referees for their big matches, and to allow appeals on red-card decisions.

......but not penalty decisions? :winkold:

Statistically, Chelsea under Avram Grant actually were the 2nd best team in Europe because they played the UEFA Champions League Final. Under Hiddink, they've not reached the final, therefore they're 3rd in Europe, surely?

That's statistically.

My opinion is that Chelsea are the 2nd best team in europe.

That's statistically.

My opinion is that Chelsea are the 2nd best team in europe.

And i agree. Easily the best two teams in europe.

My opinion is that you're wrong. Lets create a competition to find out statisticaly who is... oh snap!

Both teams had desicions go against them over the two legs. Barca should have got a pen, and shoudnt have got a red card. Chelsea should have got two pens (imo). Things balance out eventually.

I think it will be a better final with Barcelona, and Man Utd will have a better chance to win.

Stretford, I think your hatred of Chelsea is blinding you seriously here. I doubt you'd call for Rooney to get a similar ban for his actions if he acted as Diddy did.

You have to accept that Chelsea got mighty unlucky tonight, and did you a massive favour on the way by eliminating both Barca full backs from the final.

Â