The Concert/Gig Thread

chrisp65

Numan at Leamington (my 44th show in 33 years)...
That's some serious Numanoid devotion. I've seen a few bands multiple times, but nowhere near that kind of level.

Out of interest, have they all been "top gigs", or were some just kind of, like with football, just going out of habit?

Can anyone stay consistent, musically, over 30+ years and remain at a high level?

Can anyone stay consistent, musically, over 30+ years and remain at a high level?

Not many can, that's for sure. The only band that springs to mind for me that has managed it is New Model Army.

Just got tickets for the missus and I to go and see The Damned. I'm... sceptical about this one. They were pretty good when I saw them about 15 years ago having said that.

next week flogging molly at cardiff coal exchange should hopefully be an altogether enjoyable night not bookended by fear.

it was immense - so much fun, good venue too. nice energetic mosh with friendly people :)

misfits, reel big fish and killing joke lined up for the new year :)

Numan at Leamington (my 44th show in 33 years)...
That's some serious Numanoid devotion. I've seen a few bands multiple times, but nowhere near that kind of level.

Out of interest, have they all been "top gigs", or were some just kind of, like with football, just going out of habit?

Some were more special than others but in the main it was whenever he was on i would go. In 1983 he did a 22 date UK tour and me and a pal went to 17 of them. Interstingly in 1981 i saw him fill wembley arena 3 nights on the run compared to gigs i have seen where he has struggled to fill 1000 places in poxy venues. His new album Dead Son Rising is a far cry from his original cars stuff, in fact he is getting huge appraisals for his new stuff and lots of big artsists are now name checking him for his pioneering stuff in the 80's.

His music has changed almost every album - late 80's to early 90's 90's it was at its lowest as he in his own words "lost his way" since 96 he has found the sounds he was looking for (mainly from issues within his personal life) and he has now developing a real industrial rock theme and personally i think it works brilliantly.

As for devotion i met a guy i had not seen for years at leamington and it was his 105th show!!!

Tom **** Petty at the Globe in Stockholm next summer, I'm buzzing!!

Sabbath, Pearl Jam, and Petty. Good summer indeed

Very much so mate!

And I'll be at the Globe to watch Tom Petty. :D Might consider to see Sabbath too, but that depends very much on where and when.

Just got back from the bootleg beatles really good gig.

They create a really good aghmosphere and the bloke who done Lennon was spot on, macca was pretty shit and ring sang like he had a mouthful of porridge but you don't expect them to be perfect.

The girl I went with really enjoyed it as well, she loves the beatles as much as me so it was a good night all round

• 4 weeks later...

Dont suppose anyone else from here is off to Download this year? Already looking to be a awesome festival, with Chase an Status supporting The Prodigy, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Biffy Clyro, Soundgarden and Tenacious D to name a few bands :D

Â