The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Not a cool or unknown film, but Shaun of the Dead is **** brilliant. I maintain the first 40 or so minutes of it some of the most enjoyable I've come across in film.

I would say that Shaun of the Dead is one of THE coolest movies ever. **** love that film.

Just watched it with my housemate, must be the 25th time I've seen it, it's utterly brilliant.

Watched with the trivia-o-meter on for the extra depth. So many quotable lines. But the first 40 mins, upto when they leave the house, is just about cinema perfection for me, it captures the atmosphere absolutely perfectly. And it's funny.

Anything that nails an atmosphere like that has me sold be it film, music whatever.

i prefer hot fuzz, dont know why but the 2 andys make me laugh everytime they come on the screen

i watched girl with the dragon tattoo, its a bit long and IMO the font of the subtitles is a bit wank (clashes with light backgrounds for example) but its a great film, doesnt shy away from any graphic detail and is very well cast

I watched girl with the dragon tattoo, its a bit long and IMO the font of the subtitles is a bit wank (clashes with light backgrounds for example) but its a great film, doesnt shy away from any graphic detail and is very well cast

Agreed, good film. I also wasn't a fan of the subtitles that were used. I wish they could all be like the ones in 'Nightwatch'.

Saw this at the flicks earlier.

image-20090415-4cl3b8ky72l1a8a8ynwo_t_h480.jpg

It is about the Japanese destruction & rape of the Chinese city of Nanking in 1937.

It's challenging and excellent, but probably not a date-movie :winkold:

Watched The Proposal at the weekend with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds.

It's a Rom Com but pretty decent as far as they go and something you might want to consider if you're looking for brownie points off the lady folk.

Also saw The Counterfeiters and that was great. Punchy without being harrowing and it is a surprisingly easy watch considering the subject. Acting was superb and the lead has a real presence about him.

saw Fish Tank last night and it's great, a film you really can't predict the places it takes you.

Bit disappointed what they did with Connor as you could see it going in two directions and I hoped it was the other, though in the end it helps with the point of the film.

Listen out for her younger sisters insults, some of them are brilliant!

fishtank_poster_633940500909374210_lrg.jpg

bought Tombstone on bluray when I was in Brum. Haven't seen in a long time and here in Sweden I can't get hold of it so I just took the opportunity. I really like that movie. Can't help it, I like it.

Watched A Perfect Getaway last night, starring Mila Jovavic(sp!), Nick Stahl and Timothy Olyphant

Not the best but certainly a decent no brainer of a film to enjoy with a couple of beers!!!

Watched Battle for Haditha directed by Nick Broomield. Its about the yanks going on the rampage in retaliation for an IED killing some of their own. Based on a true story well worth a watch.

There are tonnes of sites where you can watch any movie online. There are even a few watchable copies of Kick Ass floating around.

Ive tried some, what do you think the best is?

Does anyone know a quicker way of downloading films than Limewire?

Unfortunately watched The Final Destination the other night.

Does anyone know a quicker way of downloading films than Limewire?

Limewire? :shock: :shock: :shock:

you're kidding....right?

Just watched Where the Truth Lies.

Not much of a story. A bit all over the place. But a couple of nice scenes involving Alison Lohman and Nancy from Peep Show

Â