The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Francis Ford Copolla has a new movie out, first original screenplay since The Conversation!!

It looks amazing, shot in perfectly crips black and white.

I've a hard on for good black and white.

So i'm looking forward to this.

what's it called? have you got a link for the trailer? :-)

To my shock I noticed it was released on limited release in Spain last year, it's being shown at a film festival here though so I assume it will be released on wide release soon.

has anyone ever seen The Outsiders? its a francis ford Copelo movie.. i really want to see it but apparently it hasnt been released on dvd in uk yet? does anyone know how i can get hold of it?

By the way, Rumble Fish which Coppola made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

I really enjoyed both.

What made Rumblefish a better movie for you, D1?

has anyone ever seen The Outsiders? its a francis ford Copelo movie.. i really want to see it but apparently it hasnt been released on dvd in uk yet? does anyone know how i can get hold of it?

By the way, Rumble Fish which Coppola made back to back with this is the far superior movie.

I really enjoyed both.

What made Rumblefish a better movie for you, D1?

The cinematography was better, some of the shots ("what if the motorcycle boy came back?" etc) were unique for the time. Tighter, less bloated script, which was essentially a 2 hander between Dillon and Rourke (who were both excellent). A great soundtrack from Stewart Copeland.

And to top it all, one of THE best character entrances in movie history - Rourkes eloquent and effortlessly cool Motorcycle Boy.

The cinematography was better, some of the shots ("what if the motorcycle boy came back?" etc) were unique for the time. Tighter, less bloated script, which was essentially a 2 hander between Dillon and Rourke (who were both excellent). A great soundtrack from Stewart Copeland.

And to top it all, one of THE best character entrances in movie history - Rourkes eloquent and effortlessly cool Motorcycle Boy.

Fair enough. I half guessed at the cinematography aspect and I wouldn't disagree.

I felt that the story and realism of The Outsiders made it a better film. Perhaps that's a different category than the better movie?

As you might guess, I'm not arguing against either as I think they're both ace. I am interested, however, in the measurement of them (and not for a point scoring exercise).

Perhaps Rourke might sway it - he really was quality.

I haven't seen either for about 10 years but I just remember enjoying The Outsiders more than Rumble Fish.

They are giving away The Machinist with the Independent tomorrow, cracking movie

bale's weight loss is scary in that film

Very much so

Â