The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Only film I'm looking forward to so far is V/H/S.

So far as in ever?

Like the new avatar by the way....

As in this year, haven't seen many other trailers of upcoming films though to be honest.

Cheers, was between that or a Daniel Brian yes chant gif.

So far as in ever?

Like the new avatar by the way....

As in this year, haven't seen many other trailers of upcoming films though to be honest.

Cheers, was between that or a Daniel Brian yes chant gif.

I do fancy that as it happens, amongst about 200 others released in 2012 :winkold:

I did really "enjoy" Paranormal Activity and hope this has a similar, if broken down vibe.

Watched London Boulevard (although I had to watch the ending on youtube as the version I was watching died) Couldn't understand half of Colin Farrells Laaaandan accent for half the film. And wouldn't have lost much if i hadn't found the ending on youtube.

Depends what stuff you like? Total Recall, Bourne Legacy, Dredd and The Hobbit are all out this year in terms of bigger named stuff. Though it pisses me off a little that none of these are really original!

Gangster squad looks really good. Surprised I haven't heard many people crying about that cinema shooting scene after the Batman thing though.

Some good shouts there.

The hobbit was my favourite childhood book and am i looking forward to seeing it on the big screen but i just thing it will be LOTR all over again (not a bad thing but i do like something original) and setting the scene for opart 2 of the film which i really think will be amazing.

The Bourne films are also superb and im a huge Renner fan so am looking forward to it but again i just expect it too be the same as previous.

The same can be said for taken 2. All will (hopefully) be good or great films but i'm not excited for them.

Depends what stuff you like? Total Recall, Bourne Legacy, Dredd and The Hobbit are all out this year in terms of bigger named stuff. Though it pisses me off a little that none of these are really original!

Gangster squad looks really good. Surprised I haven't heard many people crying about that cinema shooting scene after the Batman thing though.

Looking forward to seeing all of them to be honest. Plus 'The Great Gatsby'.

On 'The Gangster Squad', they have actually pulled the trailer due to the shooting. They are considering delaying the film and also possibly cutting the scene out of it. I really hope they don't do either as I want to see it and don't think there is any need to take those measures. It did however make sense to pull the trailer...

Looking forward to seeing all of them to be honest. Plus 'The Great Gatsby'.

On 'The Gangster Squad', they have actually pulled the trailer due to the shooting. They are considering delaying the film and also possibly cutting the scene out of it. I really hope they don't do either as I want to see it and don't think there is any need to take those measures. It did however make sense to pull the trailer...

Yeah i think it makes sense to pull the trailer for a bit, firstly out of respect for those who died and their families and secondly because although most people wouldn't have a problem with it there would be a small minority that did and they would raise a storm in the press about it. Hope they don't change the film or anything though because it looks great.

The Great Gatsby is an interesting one and whilst it will be good to see it from a new point of view i feel it will always be better as the book and with people coming to their own understanding of it.

I posted the trailer for that on my FB page yesterday. Even though the 'found footage' genre has been done to death the last few years, i'm still intrigued by it as it looks genuinely unsettling.

Just watched the trailer for Life of Pi...

and it looks absolutely stunning....

i hope the story is as good as the visuals...

Oh, I didn't realise they were doing that. Excellent book so yes the story should be every bit as good.

And to add Simon's usual caveat to the above. If you haven't already read The Life of Pi then for the love of McGrath do yourself a favour and read it. It's a fantastic book.

Just watched the trailer for Life of Pi...

and it looks absolutely stunning....

I watched it and wondered what drugs they must have been on ... fish leaping into a boat and what not

call me a heathen but it looked a lot of pretentious bollocks to me

I posted the trailer for that on my FB page yesterday. Even though the 'found footage' genre has been done to death the last few years, i'm still intrigued by it as it looks genuinely unsettling.

i dunno what it is about found footage films but they never fail to get me into a cinema even if the reviews are shit...

there are more good ones than bad ones IMO...

really looking forward to VHS

Â