The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

trainagain.jpg

Train Again (Peter Tscherkassky) - Set to the relentless industrial rumble of train tracks and film leader, flash-framed tribute to early cinema’s love affair with trains. All aboard a phantasmagoric journey into the flickering mechanics of moving images! - Great film, enjoyed it

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Just back from:

spacer.png

As @Follyfoot says, it's a very good movie indeed.

It's kind of difficult not to compare with the glitz and shine of the contemporary Hollywood film series, but apart from having Godzilla in the title, there's very little in the way of similarities. 

The main characters have emotional depth, and I connected immediately with them. The story has many layers with a central theme of guilt which is very well done and the post WW2 setting is portrayed with some pitch perfect cinematography. 

In a nutshell, the Hollywood movies are about Godzilla with a few human characters thrown in whereas this is very much a movie about people which just happens to have Godzilla in it.

It's brilliant.

• Like 4

On 16/12/2023 at 11:44, sne said:

Rebel Moon getting slaughtered by critics. 

Clearly they know it’s a turkey as they are pulling out all the stops to market it. This was round the corner from our place this weekend. An “immersive experience” which we swerved. 

IMG_3149.jpeg

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

In a nutshell, the Hollywood movies are about Godzilla with a few human characters thrown in whereas this is very much a movie about people which just happens to have Godzilla in it.

Precisely what the Chewits adverts of the mid-80s got right as well.  Powerful stuff.

On 17/12/2023 at 19:18, Demitri_C said:

Saw XI announced for next year 😁

kinda hope they keep a similar theme as saw 10...a fill in a gap type one rather than a continuation of the series. explore more about the detective and the doctor from the first film's roles perhaps

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Black Christmas

Silent Night

Its a Wonderful Knife

Christmas Evil 

...all done over the past week. Think you can see my theme 😁

Inspirational messages?

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Black Christmas

Silent Night

Its a Wonderful Knife

Christmas Evil 

...all done over the past week. Think you can see my theme 😁

Yeah, we've done a fair few of the horror themed Xmas movies in our house too. Black Christmas (OG ofc), Rare Exports, It's a Wonderful Knife, Better Watch Out, Krampus, A Christmas Horror Story, The Advent Calendar, The Retaliators and Christmas Bloody Christmas 😀

Still need to watch Inside and The Children.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, we've done a fair few of the horror themed Xmas movies in our house too. Black Christmas (OG ofc), Rare Exports, It's a Wonderful Knife, Better Watch Out, Krampus, A Christmas Horror Story, The Advent Calendar, The Retaliators and Christmas Bloody Christmas 😀

Still need to watch Inside and The Children.

Is the Krampus one the one with William Shatner? 

2 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Is the Krampus one the one with William Shatner? 

Hes in Christmas Horror Story, haven't seen him in a Krampus movie tbh.

The Krampus I like is the one from 2015 with Adam Scott and Toni Collette.

Edited by Designer1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Hes in Christmas Horror Story, haven't seen him in a Krampus movie tbh.

The Krampus I like is the one from 2015 with Adam Scott and Toni Collette.

Spoiler

Must be losing it as I am sure he was a DJ getting pissed and Santa had a massive fight with Krampus but it was all in his mind as he ended up a delusional killer ? 

image.png.ba2822da3eedfade94e14b3cb8eb3a43.png

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I saw this online and thought i’d post it here. I haven’t seen enough of the films to really have a view but might be interesting for others 🤷‍♂️ 

IMG-3354.jpg

Disagree with a few of those but it's a cool idea.

Jaws 3 better than 2? Lol

Which Batman though? Burton only made two but surely that can't mean the Nolan trilogy?

Edited by Designer1

Â