The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

My daughter loves Lilo and Stitch. She'll happily watch any of the movies or the series. I can't remember there ever being much of a fanfare about it in particular, but since her interest in it, I've been seing themed stuff everywhere. 

And I mean everywhere, almost like I'm being mocked. The other day a guy on a scooter drove past me in Cov, had a Stitch cover thing on their helmet. Bizarre. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

The sequel to this will be the Ghostbusters taking out the ghost of this 'franchise'.

I'm in.

Thought Afterlife was great entertainment and kept the essence of the og, so hopefully this will be another solid addition.

• Like 4

spacer.png

Newly arrived on Shudder, and if you're a fan of the excellent Hell House LLC (2015)  then you won't be disappointed. 

Takes quite a but to unnerve me in movies these days but some of the scenes in this managed to do that very well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

David Fincher's The Killer on Netflix.

Looked great, well acted but ultimately let down by a very bland finale. Meh out of 10. 

Yup, very much so. Rather boring. It's Michael Fassbender traveling around, getting stuff he needs and then throwing it away. It might be a dark comedy I guess and if it isn't it's kinda novel having the lead being utterly useless at his job. Movie didn't really make sense, especially the part with a assassin trying to blend in but wearing a all beige outfit with a bucket hat and sunglasses so that he stood out like a beacon in every scene :D 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, very much so. Rather boring. It's Michael Fassbender traveling around, getting stuff he needs and then throwing it away. It might be a dark comedy I guess and if it isn't it's kinda novel having the lead being utterly useless at his job. Movie didn't really make sense, especially the part with a assassin trying to blend in but wearing a all beige outfit with a bucket hat and sunglasses so that he stood out like a beacon in every scene :D 

I quite liked Fassbender in it but his outfits were tres dodgy 😂

It definitely missed a trick though, with too many secondary characters were too under developed so it was difficult to care about anyone or why he was on his self appointed mission. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I quite liked Fassbender in it but his outfits were tres dodgy 😂

It definitely missed a trick though, with too many secondary characters were too under developed so it was difficult to care about anyone or why he was on his self appointed mission. 

Agreed, Fassbender was good. The movie not so much. I started to lose interest about halfway in.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 09:54, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Newly arrived on Shudder, and if you're a fan of the excellent Hell House LLC (2015)  then you won't be disappointed. 

Takes quite a but to unnerve me in movies these days but some of the scenes in this managed to do that very well.

After investigating this series, I found another-couple of entries into the series. Have you seen them and are they worth a watch? 

Â