The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt I’ll be bothering with any once I’ve seen End Game

Out of all the post endgame films, the only 2 that I've enjoyed are "Spiderman: No way home" (really enjoyable just for Willem Dafoe alone) and Guardians Vol 3. (really good) - the rest are very passable, Thor 4 as someone else said is absolute turdwaffle, got bored of Black Widow after 20 minutes and turned it off, and I can't remember what else there was, which goes to show how forgettable the others are.

Edited by DeadlyDirk

Just now, DeadlyDirk said:

Out of all the post endgame films, the only 2 that I've enjoyed are "Spiderman: No way home" (really enjoyable) and Guardians Vol 3. (really good) - the rest are very passable, Thor 4 as someone else said is absolute turdwaffle, got bored of Black Widow after 20 minutes and turned it off, and I can't remember what else there was, which goes to show how forgettable the others are.

I skipped black widow (I’m watching chronologically) and have no regrets. Looks shit. 

I MIGHT watch the spiderman films. I did enjoy homecoming. It’s about time they managed a good Spider-Man movies after the other 5 or 6 abominations 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I skipped black widow (I’m watching chronologically) and have no regrets. Looks shit. 

Florence Pugh’s Yelena is one of my favourite MCU characters although she’s probably at her best in Hawkeye.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Florence Pugh’s Yelena is one of my favourite MCU characters although she’s probably at her best in Hawkeye.

Hawkeye is another one I won’t be going near

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Hawkeye is another one I won’t be going near

Shame, it’s pretty decent.  Infinitely superior to a lot of the crap you’ve already put yourself through 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are there any famous films where the "baddies" score a total win?

The Great Escape sees most of the escapees murdered.  A few get away.  That's not a total win.  

There is probably a factual film that meets that criteria.  

Is there a fictional one?   

The Silence Of The Lambs sees Lecter escape.  But Starling solves a murder, rescues a hostage and kills Buffalo Bill.   That's not a total win.  

Any ideas? 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details

1 hour ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The Great Escape sees most of the escapees murdered.  A few get away.  That's not a total win.  

The Silence Of The Lambs sees Lecter escape.  But Starling solves a murder, rescues a hostage and kills Buffalo Bill.   That's not a total win.  

Any ideas? 

Spoiler

spacer.png

There's a load in the horror genre tbh.

Edited by Designer1
Added spoiler
  • Like 2

Yeah there are, but presumably if they’re listed and someone hasn’t seen it, you’re kinda spoiling the ending for them.

Spoiler

Here’s one -

Spoiler

It’s a paranoia laced crime/thriller that stars Jeff Bridges

Spoiler

Oh you’re still keen to know what film I’m referring to? Ok, if you really want to know, click the next spoiler. You have had sufficient warning so don’t blame me if you’ve been meaning to watch this and you’re spoiling it for yourself…

Spoiler

Arlington Road.

Bloody hell, chalk that one up as a win for the baddies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Designer1 said:
Spoiler

spacer.png

great shout that.

Spoiler

The Empire Strikes Back springs to mind (but you'll say some get away I suppose)

So I'll say Angel Heart

Edited by VILLAMARV
spoilered it up to feel like a team player
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Any ideas? 

Think there was a Marvels movie a few years back

43 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah there are, but presumably if they’re listed and someone hasn’t seen it, you’re kinda spoiling the ending for them.

Added.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Any ideas? 

Funny Games is a great example 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Out of all the post endgame films, the only 2 that I've enjoyed are "Spiderman: No way home" (really enjoyable just for Willem Dafoe alone) and Guardians Vol 3. (really good) - the rest are very passable, Thor 4 as someone else said is absolute turdwaffle, got bored of Black Widow after 20 minutes and turned it off, and I can't remember what else there was, which goes to show how forgettable the others are.

Black panther 2 i think was average to poor.

Wasnt that big on guardians 3 either

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Black panther 2 i think was average to poor.

Wasnt that big on guardians 3 either

Forgot about Black Panther 2... Another I turned off after about 25 minutes. Just knew it wasn't for me as it bored my backside off. 

• Like 1

Â