The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Well let's rename it "The Films Thread", then.

Otherwise we'll end up with one thread each for every film anybody has ever seen.

Good call

we already have lots of individual film threads for other movies:

Dark Knight, Harry Potter, Inception, Spiderman, Toy Story 3, etc...

By having individual threads, a lot more comments can be made. for example the Dark Knight rising thread has 10 pages, if it was in the general film thread it would have only got about 20 comments before the thread moves on to another film.

it means that people can find what other VT members thought about that particular film rather than checking through a general film thread in case someone might have made a lone comment or two about a film.

I went to see an advance screening of 'Cowboys and Aliens' last night. It was one of the worst films I have seen in a long time and I'm glad I got to see it for free. I was tempted to walk out as it was so bad. Usually even bad films have at least one good scene going for them, or something. This film had nothing and was flat all the way through. Very poor film and it pretty much shows that Favreau really has no talent as a director...

Hmmm, I had a feeling it was going to be poor, think I'll give that a miss then.

As for Favreau, apart from a couple of movies (Iron Man and the superb Swingers) he's a bit average isn't he?

Agreed. I think Swingers was his moment. Arguably Iron Man was good because of of Downey Jr as opposed to the directing.

I was coerced into watching Dirty Dancing on TV last night :oops:

Never seen it before. Was quite disappointed as it didn't seem very dirty at all. No boobies let alone clunge.

Ah well, get's me in the good books ;-)

just got back from rise of the apes

really enjoyed it - I admit there were a few moments in the opening 30-40 minutes I guess where I was like "er hang on a moment, or wtf?" in a minor way but there seemed a number of them bunched together, but after that it was fun "standard ape movie" thereafter. Good to see John Lithgow still going too.

Finally watched The Departed last night and enjoyed every minute of it.

have you seen infernal affairs too? Even better IMO

Just got back from cars 2, not sure what to think, bored me for themost part lacked the clever over the top of kids heads humour plus some general bits went of the top of my god daughters head (wasabi jokes for an 8 year old?) and the story was a bit of a mess

I think the best bit was the tintin trailer

Â