The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I went to see 'Cedar Rapids' and I enjoyed it. Good little indie comedy that is funny without being hilarious. It's got a lot of heart though and is one of those that you just enjoy for what it is. A warm hearted comedy I suppose...

Watched this again tonight...

51GT2FZ8FKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

imo It's Mel Brooks best movie, although that's probably due to the fact that I was brought up on the old universal horror movies that it so wonderfully spoofs.

The 'Putting on the Ritz' scene still makes me laugh my tits off.

As does the Hermit scene with a virtually unrecognisable Gene Hackman

Great film!

Yeah hermit scene is hilarious, love the classroom at the start too. Oh and 'Abby Normal' :mrgreen:

Absolutely brilliant and so out of type for Gene Hackman as the blind hermit.

Just watched a superb Zombie film, [REC]

Spanish make some great films.

rec-2.jpg

REC is awesome, so much better than the american remake Quarantine.

Just watched this tonight, so many quotable bits from it, just a brilliant film!

Defamer_Funny_65394_in_the_loop_poster.jpg

I enjoyed 'In The Loop' too. Actually, I might pop out and buy it. Last time I saw it was when it came out at the cinema, which was a while ago.

I watched 'Stranger Than Fiction' tonight for the first time in a while too. It has its flaws but I still like it overall.

REC is awesome, so much better than the american remake Quarantine.

Just watched this tonight, so many quotable bits from it, just a brilliant film!

Defamer_Funny_65394_in_the_loop_poster.jpg

Malcolm Tucker: Within your 'purview'? Where do you think you are, some **** regency costume drama? This is a government department, not some **** Jane **** Austen novel! Allow me to pop a jaunty little bonnet on your purview and ram it up your shitter with a lubricated horse cock!

Judy: Your swearing does not impress me. My husband works for Tower Hamlets and believe me those kids make you sound like... Angela Lansbury!

:lol::lol::lol:

Watched this again tonight...

51GT2FZ8FKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

imo It's Mel Brooks best movie, although that's probably due to the fact that I was brought up on the old universal horror movies that it so wonderfully spoofs.

The 'Putting on the Ritz' scene still makes me laugh my tits off.

As does the Hermit scene with a virtually unrecognisable Gene Hackman

THIS!!!!!!! I don't know how anyone could ever keep a straight face for this movie, EVER.

This makes me almost piddle every time....*IGOR! FRODERICK!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtA1jqIJJDw&feature=related

last night: Scream 4 - better than I expected,though the self-awareness bit, whilst typical of the scream franchise did grate a bit.

today:

goodbye lenin - delightfully warm film, very enjoyable and fascinating

la notte di san lorenzo - italian film set in ww2 focused on the inhabitants of san martino - bit odd, slow paced, but interesting all the same

la confidential - already seen it and love it and enjoying it again!

:(

Nothing, it's just you always seem to be singing the praises of Black Swan in here ^^

I have once, perhaps twice.

But that's understandable, it's a great film.

The Squid and the Whale

Quite a funny film and it succeeded in making all the characters very dislikable.

Good shout. I'm a fan of Noah Baumbach, he's a very good writer/director.

Shit I didn't know it was on, fancied another film tonight too, watched the firm, better than awaydays that's for sure but IMO still not as good as FF for showing the drunkeness and drugs side of it and therefore what I percieve to be more realistic, seemed more focused on the clobber, which whilst I suspect is bang on it's not something I've ever experienced

Â