The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

the gf has gone out on a hen do unsure whether to have a foreign film session or watch el classico online, thats the problem with foreign films you cant do 2 things at once!

got white ribbon, ip man, city of life and death and assembly to get through

White Ribbon is absolutely superb. I found City of Life and Death hard to watch (due to the subject matter) but it's still a very, very good movie.

Bit of John Schlesinger for me tonight with the fantastic Marathon Man. I wonder if it's safe yet?

There's nothing particularly weird about them, they're just really, really shit.

This.

A Dolph Lundgren marathon followed by Anaconda 3 starring David Hasselhoff.

Awful :D

Not sure if its bindunne but have just finished Fanboys. Its a film about star wars geeks, made by star wars geeks for star wars geeks. Few funny cameos aswell. Top film!

Watched 'Monsters' tonight. Interesting film if a little underwhelming. An intriguing story and a well balanced build up hampered by two of the most irritating characters ive ever seen and a damp squib of an ending. Worth a watch though.

Monsters_2010_movie_poster.jpg

finally got around to watching The Secret In Their Eyes.... a magnificent and must see film (regardless if you don't like foreign films!)

Yes, I championed its cause on here last year, it's easily one of the best movies I've seen in the last decade. A masterpiece.

Mrs E wanted to watch a "thriller type film" and settled on Piranha last night.

I loved it, comedy horror with 15 minute naked Kelly Brook segment, more tits than the playboy mansion and some of the very poorest dialogue you could wish for. Including man having been eaten from waist down by killer fish ignoring the obvious agony to comment "they took my penis". :lol:

Mrs E was less impressed.

Its not big, its not clever, its not actually scary, its funny because its so bad.

Best film I've seen all year - unless SyFy's "Dinoshark" or "Sharktapus" deliver something truely brilliant.

:hooray:

Â