The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Just finished ...

220px-Waltz_with_Bashir_Poster.jpg

Stunning visuals, a powerful backstory and a harrowing ending. All in all, well well worth watching.

Thinking of going to see the Adjustment Bureau.

I'm going to get shot for this but - I thought Emily Blunt was Michael Jackson with a wig when I saw the ad for that movie.

Thinking of going to see the Adjustment Bureau.

Went to see this yesterday and thought it was quite good. Nothing special and it seems to think it is better than it is. However, if you are looking for something to see at the cinema then you could do worse.

Parts of it are done well, however I found a few scenes to be a bit cringeworthy, plus a little preachy. It's more of a romance film than sci-fi too, so be prepared for that.

I honestly expected it to be better than it was though...

I saw "DEliverance" last night. Quite good and I wished that I hadn't seen "The wrong turn" and other similar shite movies as I think it would've hit me more if I had not seen them. But still very good.

I saw "DEliverance" last night. Quite good and I wished that I hadn't seen "The wrong turn" and other similar shite movies as I think it would've hit me more if I had not seen them. But still very good.

The only problem with Deliverance for me is it's final third. It's such a brilliant movie up until they get back home but then it seems to fall flat with some of the limp psychology aspects.

But you know what... "Goddamn you play a mean banjo!" :D

Just finished ...

220px-Waltz_with_Bashir_Poster.jpg

Stunning visuals, a powerful backstory and a harrowing ending. All in all, well well worth watching.

Saw this on your FB. I will try and obtain the film, sounds good.

Am I the only one who thought Due Date was a horrible movie? I loved The Hangover but can't think that I laughed once when watching this at the weekend.

I know this is a recommend me a film thread so I'll recommend this as a film to miss.

Am I the only one who thought Due Date was a horrible movie?

No you're not. It was shite on toast. Without any bread.

I am glad - for one minute, I thought I was the only one :)

I sat through about an hour of "2012" last night. It's probably not supposed to be a comedy but it had me pissing myself laughing. Seriously it has to be one of the very shitest films I've ever almost sat through (I couldn't make it to the end). The scene where they're in the little plane flying under trains and between falling buildings was just so badly done that I have to give credit to John Cusack for continuing to act rather than break his shite laughing at the whole thing. So my recommendation is do yourself a favour and avoid this portion of bluewaffle juice if you know what's good for you.

Â