The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Watching "Hamburger Hill" for the first time later!.. 

Any good?

"it don't mean nothing, not a thing".

Yes, it's great.

Not that impressed to be honest, Not a a patch on We Were Soldiers imo!

Sat through Paranormal Activity 4 just there.  I remember the first one really getting under my skin a few years back but they have just got progressively worse and all I took from this one was that I wanted to annihilate the blonde daughter.  Sexually.

I shouldn't be aroused watching a 'horror' movie.

Sat through Paranormal Activity 4 just there.  I remember the first one really getting under my skin a few years back but they have just got progressively worse and all I took from this one was that I wanted to annihilate the blonde daughter.  Sexually.

I shouldn't be aroused watching a 'horror' movie.

I'm a massive geek when it comes to horror films, I have a massive collection of shit horror, even I don't bother with the Paranormal Ativity series these days

Saw "Frank" tonight.

Excellent.

Loved that film. Weird but beautiful at the same time.

On a recommendation off here I saw The Nessecary Death of Charlie Countryman. That was brilliant as well.

• Like 1

I realise I'm a little slow out of the traps, but I saw Mulholland Drive tonight for the first time. 

It almost makes sense. Almost.

I liked it, I'll give it quite a lot out of ten, maybe eight or around that.

• Like 1

Would highly recommend Robot & Frank, which is being shown on BBC1 at 1115pm this Wednesday.

Another slightly kooky film about an aging burglar who requires a robot as a home help.

Watched A Map To The Stars, last night - a David Cronenberg film about the lives of people within 'Hollywood'.

Very acerbic and cutting, with a very brave performance by Julianne Moore (you see everything!!!). It appears that everyone in the film industry is a pill popping egomaniac ;)

• Like 1

Saw "Frank" tonight.

Excellent.

Loved that film. Weird but beautiful at the same time.

It surprised me because I just assumed it was a Frank Sidebottom biopic. And although I don't know much about Sidebottom I'm pretty sure that's not what it was at all :D

If it wasn't for the cast and decent reviews I'd have probably never watched it.

Edited by Stevo985

Unbroken ......5/10 watchable 

Domhnall Gleeson is a Villa fan, also starring in Ex Machina

if you get a chance you should watch his film "About Time". Bit of a chick flick but I thought it was great. Definitely had a few moments that saw my allergies playing up *sniff sniff*

Would highly recommend Robot & Frank, which is being shown on BBC1 at 1115pm this Wednesday.

Another slightly kooky film about an aging burglar who requires a robot as a home help.

I thought that was an awful film... I usually like odd type films but it didn't catch me at all.

Unbroken ......5/10 watchable 

Domhnall Gleeson is a Villa fan, also starring in Ex Machina

if you get a chance you should watch his film "About Time". Bit of a chick flick but I thought it was great. Definitely had a few moments that saw my allergies playing up *sniff sniff*

Watched in time with the missus about a year ago, bit of a chick flick but was not bad at all.

Â