The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Starred Up - Outstanding film. O'Connell and Mendelsoon are the most impressive central leads in a film that I can think of for quite some time. 

Hate to say it but i really didn't like this film.

I didn't care about any of the characters and it all felt a bit forced to me.

boooo hisss :P

eye of the beholder etc. I just thought the way the relationships within the prison were drawn out were enjoyably nuanced and subtle, from the anger therapy group lot to the main prison characters.

and I thought that although the main characters are brutal bastards, theyweren't without humanity or empathy, it's just weighed down by what has been a life of totalising violence and conflict. The spying through the gap in the window at the end to the group was an apt metaphor for the crystalising glimpse of hope for Eric, it is no more than a glimpse, given the environment but it's definitely there. 

• Like 1

Neill Blomkamp (District 9, Elysium, Chappie) has been confirmed as the director for a new Alien movie. Not Prometheus 2, but Alien 5. I have no idea what the source of this image is, but it's a result for 'Neill Blomkamp Alien', and looks pretty cool so I'm posting it.

kaivyor3f8thksygyisw.jpg

His movies have a very distinctive style, I'll be interested to see what he does with it.

Watched this again last night - first time i'd seen it in ages. Still a decent way to spend 90 mins. On Netflix

220px-Cube_The_Movie_Poster_Art.jpg

Loved this movie growing up

Have you seen Hypercube

I liked that as well other than the ending

Hmm just watched Gone Girl. Intriguing thriller and Rosamund Pike is indeed terrific in it, Affleck isn't bad either. D Question

It's not really about the fall of a marriage is it? Seems a little superficial. Seemed to be more about the sociopathic terror of Amy. Ok, We get that Affleck's chap is a complete dick, but also as he's not a murderer doesn't deserve the death penalty or anything beyond a slap in the face and a divorce. Anecdotally out of 3, two blokes found it interesting, one woman really hated it. Not that I think it was a film that ought to lead to gender split but I have heard the reviews about it dividing opinion. Didn't strike me as mysogynistic at all, unless the femme fatale is now no longer PC?

Hmm just watched Gone Girl. Intriguing thriller and Rosamund Pike is indeed terrific in it, Affleck isn't bad either. D Question

It's not really about the fall of a marriage is it? Seems a little superficial. Seemed to be more about the sociopathic terror of Amy. Ok, We get that Affleck's chap is a complete dick, but also as he's not a murderer doesn't deserve the death penalty or anything beyond a slap in the face and a divorce. Anecdotally out of 3, two blokes found it interesting, one woman really hated it. Not that I think it was a film that ought to lead to gender split but I have heard the reviews about it dividing opinion. Didn't strike me as mysogynistic at all, unless the femme fatale is now no longer PC?

well the book was pretty much universally loved by women, and opinion was divided from men.

i think the woman you saw it with was a minority.

Edited by ender4

The MGTOW boys love this film. And I think the tradition in films is that the femme fatale is usually required to die (The Killers, Double Indemnity etc) not be shown successfully deceiving everyone and getting all the spoils.

Back from Big Hero 6.

Just like every other modern Disney animation flick. Which makes it pretty good. I bet they just get computers to generate the slight story changes and the character changes now.

Watched this again last night - first time i'd seen it in ages. Still a decent way to spend 90 mins. On Netflix

220px-Cube_The_Movie_Poster_Art.jpg

Loved this movie growing up

Have you seen Hypercube

I liked that as well other than the ending

Never knew there was a Cube 'series'. Will have to check the others out in due course 

Â