The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Nightcrawler

Very interesting film from a first time director, original story, great lead performance from Gyllenhaal.  

Thought it lacked a bit of direction at times but it was a great watch and the 2 hours flew by. Think it would have been a great basis for a tv series personally, maybe half hour episodes with each one focusing on a different accident and how it plays out etc... might have given a bit more time for the lead character to evolve rather than forcing it over 2 hours.

8/10 for me.

Another film where Sam Rockwell is excellent in it. " I don't have a last name!"

"Im the guy who gets killed!"

"Maybe you can be the plucky comic relief guy..."

What made this doubly fun last night was watching it with my nephew, who needed convincing to even sit down to watch it, cuz he thought it was gonna be lame...he loved it.

Flame and Citron - 2009 Danish film based on the eponymous resisters during World War II - featuring a constantly sweating Mads Mikkelsen ( seriously, it's mad ).  Well done with typical espionage atmosphere of suspicion and confusion permeating it all and intriguing enough to make me look up the history behind the tale. Worth watching if you like your resistance type films.  

• Like 4

Flame and Citron - 2009 Danish film based on the eponymous resisters during World War II - featuring a constantly sweating Mads Mikkelsen ( seriously, it's mad ).  Well done with typical espionage atmosphere of suspicion and confusion permeating it all and intriguing enough to make me look up the history behind the tale. Worth watching if you like your resistance type films.  

Great movie - I've recommended it a few times before in this very thread.

One of my favourite war movies  :)

Â