The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

I've got Locke and Dallas Buyers Club to watch over this weekend.

Looking forward to both!

Couple of crackers there.

I need to watch Locke for a second time.

I was absolutely blown away by Hardy the first time, the subtely in his performance is just incredible.

• Like 2

I've got Locke and Dallas Buyers Club to watch over this weekend.

Looking forward to both!

Couple of crackers there.

I need to watch Locke for a second time.

I was absolutely blown away by Hardy the first time, the subtely in his performance is just incredible.

This this this. I thought I'd read that the majority of the film is improvised? It's a fantastic watch.

Yeah, Locke is really good, once I accepted the accent. Some of the contributing voices were a bit weak for me, but it's the Hardy show there. 

although the shouting at the invisible dad thing was a bit off, didn't quite work for me 

Enjoyed Star Trek ( the 2010 version ) last night and it was terrific, the development of the Spock-Kirk arc was really well executed. 

Halfway through Downfall tonight until I realised I'd already seen it before :/

Mosquito Squadron (1969) I saw this film on a list of war films on IMDb and as i like war films,i decided to have a look at it.Nothing to get excited about,but worth a look if your into war films

I never really care about plot holes. You can find them in any film. People who get worked up over plot holes in a work of fiction are missing the point tbh.

Well big plot holes are annoying. But it's the combination of terrible dialogue, large amounts of padding to fill the running time & a stupid ending which makes it a very patchy film. Score and effects are excellent, I also think McConaughey is very good, particularily one scene. But he does play essentially himself. While Michael Caine has played the same role in I don't know how many Nolan movies and he needs to just stop casting him, it's just lazy and he detracts from the film. 

For me, it's Nolans weakest film, which in context isn't that bad as his next "worst", Batman Begins, would be at at least 3/5 film, hardly a bad thing. 

I couldnt agree more on the MIchael Caine point

Lost In Translation for me tonight :)

Watched this for the first time and enjoyed it but I can't help but think I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if I hadn't just been to Tokyo.

I want to go to Tokyo so that's why I enjoyed it!  :D

• Like 1

Watched this for the first time and enjoyed it but I can't help but think I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much if I hadn't just been to Tokyo.

I want to go to Tokyo so that's why I enjoyed it! :D

ive walked on that zebra crossing

Just saying like

I want to go to Tokyo so that's why I enjoyed it! :D
ive walked on that zebra crossing

Just saying like

Did you go up to Starbucks for the obligatory from above photo and not order any coffee?

Watched The Terminator tonight as it was on and I hadn't seen it in a few years.

Great film, better than Judgement Day in my opinion, but it got me thinking about just how fast technology has evolved in the last thirty years.

The stop-motion animation used in this film in 1984 doesn't look any better than what Ray Harryhausen was doing in Jason and the Argonauts twenty years previously. Flash forward twenty years to 2004 and we had Pixar and various other animation and graphics studios churning out incredible stuff.

Just made me have a ponder.

• Like 1

Â