The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

What about "Signs" D1?

I thought it started well, and then plummeted quickly in to a ravine of trite shite.

I'm relieved you've said that. I thought it was just me.

The first 40 minutes or so are riveting, but you can almost see the exact moment when he finally, as you say, disappears up his own ring piece.

• Like 1

696186d1596721cb6e79013d4655c5d9_500x735

Not as good as Ozon's usual work (especially In the House and Potiche which were sublime) but it's still worth a watch.

My main issue was that I never felt it delved deeply enough into it's main theme.

I thought it was decent, a solid & different take on a classic that had no right to be as good as it was. It wasn't trying to be the original, it wanted to be its own film & succeeded. It had its own iconic scenes too. Nothing fantastic but I enjoyed it for what it was.

7/10

Not as good as Ozon's usual work (especially In the House and Potiche which were sublime) but it's still worth a watch.

My main issue was that I never felt it delved deeply enough into it's main theme.

I've read criticism, that it's not really explained why she decides to work as a prostitute, and as such comes across as a bit pointless. I've not seen it yet, so would you say that's correct? 

I've read criticism, that it's not really explained why she decides to work as a prostitute, and as such comes across as a bit pointless. I've not seen it yet, so would you say that's correct? 

Yes, pretty much exactly that.

There are indications, but the reasoning is flimsy, and the change is so abrupt that it detracts from what was otherwise a very well put together film.

borderlands.jpg

Watched this earlier tonight.

Really, really enjoyed it.

It takes it's time, let's you get into the characters, builds the tension and then a great final 20 minutes or so lead to a nicely original climax (insert Kenneth Williams pic here).

The camera shot where the date changed on the gravestone was excellent

The Disappearance Of Alice Creed  (2009)  I watched this film last night and really enjoyed it . Good story if a bit predictable at times. Plenty of female nudity to  :P I would certainly recommend giving it a watch

• Like 1

The Disappearance Of Alice Creed  (2009)  I watched this film last night and really enjoyed it . Good story if a bit predictable at times. Plenty of female nudity to  :P I would certainly recommend giving it a watch

As a big fan of Eddie Marsan I really enjoyed that too.

Â