The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Vanishing (1993) I finally managed to watch this last night. One of those films on my to watch list. I really enjoyed it.Would certainly recommend it to anyone who has never seen it 

The Vanishing (1993) I finally managed to watch this last night. One of those films on my to watch list. I really enjoyed it.Would certainly recommend it to anyone who has never seen it 

Awful, awful remake.

The original (by the same director) is 1,000,000 times better and the less said about the remakes ending the better.

Not even Eva Greens tits could redeem the film

came very close though IMO wasnt expecting it to happen and then also wasnt quite expecting her funbags to be that much fun, pleasant surprise all round!

and the marvel character thing, its fairly well developed, been bubbling around for a couple of years now, they're trying to hire a director and writing it now, assume that it will be phase 3, which if they throw ant man in there too and again assuming guardians of the galaxy, means that when they do finally get round to fighting thanos it could be him vs around 20 heroes... again assuming based on what RDJ keeps bleating on about there wont be an iron man 4, thor 3 and CA3 are both confirmed, ant man takes up the IM gap, still no news of a hulk film, build them up and up and up, and then do civil war...

sorry if that's spoiled anything for you, but really thats just the tip of the iceberg from what they already officially released

also just seen that they are trying to get round using the word "mutant" in avengers 2, fox has the rights on the word in the marvel universe!

Well after the credits there is a scene which appears to show both Quicksilver and The Scarlet Witch in it both mutants. I know both of them have been confirmed as being in the age of Ultron. Will be interesting to see the direction they take with the way Fox hold the rights.

Alpha Alert - I only watched it as it has Jennifer Morrison in it but bloody hell it was crap, dont waste your time. The only thing that sticks in my mind is that she has on a T-shirt which has the arms tucked inside which the becomes a vest top which then goes back to a t-shirt and back again, I mean how difficult is it to get the continuity right when you basically have three main characters who are trapped in a lift.

I mean, I can understand why posting pics of ladies is a no no, but I can't help but wonder the leering nature of posts to the effect of 'this was shit, but at least a pretty girl got her tits out' are really any better in the scheme of things.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 3

I mean, I can understand why posting pics of ladies is a no no, but I can't help but wonder the leering nature of posts to the effect of 'this was shit, but at least a pretty girl got her tits out' are really any better in the scheme of things.

Censoring posts like that would shut down 90% of threads on VT and get Rob banned

Who let Mary Whitehouse on the computer

You have your geek reviewers who highlight why the matrix was flawed because he download a flight manual for the gh-x1 variation of the helicopter when clearly it was a gh-z1 helicopter he flew

And you have your film reviewers who feel its their duty to alert fellow film goers if a film has norks and clunge in it

I for one welcome the efforts of the later and don't feel the need to judge them :)

• Like 1

Anyone seen Starred Up yet?

No but i'm desperate to as it sound fantastic and i'm a big fan of Ben Mendelsohn.

Me too, I like Jack O'Connell and I think he'll be a big star so I was interested enough, then found out Ben Mendelsohn was in it too - it's a great cast and the trailer/clips look interesting, I just wonder if it'll go the violence and thrills route or be something a bit more involving.

Mendelsohn isn't particularly big, particularly angry looking or particularly menacing, but he has the ability to find this terrifying lifeless violent empty stare that makes him scary as you like. I think he's excellent.

• Like 1

but he has the ability to find this terrifying lifeless violent empty stare that makes him scary as you like. I think he's excellent.

He used that to great effect in Animal Kingdom.

I never saw the original but enjoyed this film. Been about 10 years since I've seen it though. 

I've been asked by a friend to go see Gravity (it's an evening screening at work - don't ask but expect a smallish projector and nothing more).  I've seen it.  I thought it was OK but nothing fancy.  Now this girl has asked me to go and I don't have the heart to say that I've seen it.

(Before you reprobates start commenting, this is a work colleague and a friend, nothing more.  She has confidence issues, health problems and hates to be out in public. I feel that it is my good deed to say "Yes! That sounds awesome!")

Edited by trekka

Â