The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Finally watched Gravity and really enjoyed it. Has to be viewed in 3D though it would lose 90% of its merit in 2D I think.

Gorgeous to look at. Otherwise very overrated, IMO. Clooney basically playing himself...good movie, just not worth all the plaudits.

• Like 1

Catching up on long flights, i finally saw 'Rush', which I loved. Made all the more better by Niki Lauda's wife being played by the beautiful woman who played Traudl Junge in 'Downfall'

I also watched 'The Butler' which is another reminder of how a relatively short time ago such dreadful discrimination took place in the U.S., and how some people risked, and lost, their lives against vicious aggressors. A powerful lead performance

Final one was 'Dallas Buyers Club' (or something like that) where McConaughey is brilliant.

I think that I'll probably sleep on the way home.

Watched " Now is Good " last night. I really enjoyed it,,great story and one of those films that for me,made me stop and think about life and what it throws up. It is also a British film which i liked.

Hope Godzilla is more nasty this time.

In the awful 1998 version, he was just a hapless clumsy oaf who didn't mean anyone harm, he was just very lumbersome and trashed a lot of buildings.  Then we had to watch him get slowly shot to death with missiles and stuff.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

In the awful 1998 version, he was just a hapless clumsy oaf who didn't mean anyone harm, he was just very lumbersome and trashed a lot of buildings.  Then we had to watch him get slowly shot to death with missiles and stuff.

Toho (the Japanese company that created and owns the rights to Godzilla for those who don't know) have made sure to work closely with those creating this new movie because they don't want it to turn out like the 1998 one. They're also distributing the movie in Asia, so they must be pretty sure it's going well.

Gareth Edwards seems to know what he is doing, seems like he is a fan of Godzilla and seems to not want this to flop like the 1998 one. Obviously we won't know until it is out, but so far, so good. Plus we have Bryan Cranston, what can go wrong?!

in-fear-dvd.jpg

Worth a watch if you like your horror a little more on the psychological side. Very tightly written and a couple of naturalistic performances from the two main actors.

Saw this last night following your recommendation. Thought it was pretty good pretty tense at times.

Thought there were some bits that were unrealistic and the ending was a bit of a let down.

Definitely worth a watch though

You can't criticise Godzilla 1998 without mentioning Matthew Broderick.

Producers behind the latest FAST & FURIOUS movie have reportedly hired body doubles to stand in for late castmember PAUL WALKER now filming has resumed.

The shoot was put on hiatus last year (13) following Walker's death in a car crash in November (13), and it was unclear how the project would proceed without the actor, who was part-way through filming the blockbuster when he passed away.

Fast & Furious 7 has now resumed production and reports suggest four actors have been hired to double for Walker, while computer-generated imagery (CGI) will be used to include the star's likeness.

A source tells the New York Daily News, "They have hired four actors with bodies very similar to Paul's physique and they will be used for movement and as a base. Paul's face and voice will be used on top using CGI."

A similar technique was employed after Oliver Reed died during the filming of 2000 epic Gladiator. The veteran actor passed away before all his scenes had been shot, so producers added him into the movie using a body double combined with CGI graphics.

Fast & Furious 7, which also stars Vin Diesel and Dwayne Johnson, is set for release in 2015.

Anyone else think Johnny Depp is really talented? Yes he does a lot of childish roles now but I think he always encaptures the character and makes it his own..

Following the same lines as quite often are cast together Helena Bonham Carter is my wildcard, she isn't that fit but there is just something about her.

Depp is great but it's annoying he doesn't do 'proper' roles if you know what I mean, he also doesn't seem to do that many films, personally I thought he should have got an oscar for the 1st pirates

Captain America is getting great reviews

Â