The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

grand_budapest_hotel_poster.jpg

Unsurprisingly absolutely superb.

Beautiful to look at, and much more 'laugh out loud' moments than some of his other work.

Even though the whole cast is great, Ralph Fiennes completely steals the show. He is just wonderful.

In a nutshell, if (like me) you are a big fan of Anderson, you'll love it. Although I suspect it might even garner him a few new converts.

Looking forward to seeing it,

Got a few movies lined up to watch - Stoker, Great Gatsby (never got chance last week) and Hangover part 3.

Skip hangover 3

You'll only regret it if you watch it

• Like 1

selfish_giant_poster.jpg

Superb British drama, with a very powerful story and performances.

Very much in the Ken Loach ballpark but with a more expansive approach to photography.

Recommended  :thumb:

Just re-watched American History X. All I can say is that it's still the best movie I've seen. Just love it. Norton should've got the Oscar IMO. Though, Robert Benigni wasn't bad either, of course.

Edited by Pelle
  • Like 2

Norton is a bit of a Nicholas Cage. Some really good early performances and then decided to accept the worst consecutive selection of scripts ever.

True. This was the first film I saw with Norton in it that I know of and I thought that here we have a future star, but it didn't really turn out that way. But he was rather good in Fight Club too, of course.

Norton is a bit of a Nicholas Cage. Some really good early performances and then decided to accept the worst consecutive selection of scripts ever.

What are his poorer films?

Just re-watched American History X. All I can say is that it's still the best movie I've seen. Just love it. Norton should've got the Oscar IMO. Though, Robert Benigni wasn't bad either, of course.

Yes, considering the director completely disowned it and wanted his name taken off the credits it didn't turn out too bad.

American History X was superb, I think I may have even watched it at the cinema. Brilliant.

Had a bit of a movie marathon last night.

Hangover Part III - yep, as people have said, poor! 3/10

Miami Vice - I really like the look of the film. Pure Michael Mann. Not a classic but very watchable 7/10

Milk - Great film and amazing performance by Penn. 9/10

Â