The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

The Constant Gardener (2005) - didn't think i would like it, but I really enjoyed. Great cast (Fiennes, Weisz, Nighy and a few other familiar faces) and good story about the search for a killer. Based on the Le Carre novel

Anyone seen "Captain Philips"?

It's on PPV right now, and I'm tempted...

Watched it last night.

Worth it. Even better if you don't know the real life story, though I'd Eden Hazard a guess you will being American.

That's the best I've seen Tom Hanks in a long time and I like Tom Hanks. It's a solid 8/10.

Decent enough film. First part of it (up until the lifeboat stuff) had me in mind of The Caine Mutiny though (even before reading about the litigation and mumblings about accuracy afterwards).

Another BD deal if anybody is interested, Amazon are doing 2 for £10 on selected BDs.

You can find the selection here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=4065771031&tag=ho01f-21

For anybody wanting to buy a few, it also works with the £5 off £25 BD deal that Amazon are running too which you can get here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/socialmedia/promotions/tnc_filmawardsseason2014/?tag=ho01f-21

So, for example, if you buy 4 BDs (that are included in the deal) that would normally total at over £25 it knocks it down to £20 but also takes off your £5 BD credit, so you can potentially get 4 BDs for £15 or if you're clever enough you could get 2 for as cheap as £5. City of God is £15, so if you got that plus another in the 2 for £10 range that costs at least £10 usually, you could get them both for £5 if using the £5 off deal.

Sorry if my explanation is shite, hopefully some of you can pick up some gems!

• Like 1

inside_llewyn_davis.jpg

Out-****-Standing.

Really, I loved every bit of it. I can't fault it at all. It's very melancholic, and a little more in line with 'A Serious Man' in terms of tone. Very, very understated and, yes, there isn't really much of a plot. I am slightly biased, being a huge Coen Brothers fan. I like how... literate their films are. They allow you to sit back and think about a cat, or why the journey to Chicago looked and sounded a certain way. Anyway, you get the picture. It looks great, sounds great, and pushes all the right buttons for me. I can see why some people wouldn't like it, but sod those people.

Go, see it.

The wifes choice the last two nights ...

Mamma mia 5\10 ...not to bad thought it would have been dogshit but it was watchable (Amanda Seyfried)

One good cop 6\10 worth watching with the other half nothing to write home about

Edited by Meath_Villan

The wifes choice the last two nights ...

Mamma mia 5\10 ...not to bad thought it would have been dogshit but it was watchable (Amanda Seyfried)

One good cop 6\10 worth watching with the other half nothing to write home about

"The wife's choice" :rolleyes:

Â