best actor drama - matthew mcconaughy

best actress drama - cate blanchett

best actor comedy - leonardo di caprio

best actress comedy - amy adams

supporting actor - jared leto

supporting actress - jennifer lawrence

best director - alfonso cuaron

some surprises there

Jared Leto and Matthew Mcconaughey are both fantastic in Dallas Buyers Club. Can't recommend that film enough. Really shocked at how good Leto was, he's a pretty good actor really. Would like him to play Kurt Cobain if a film about him ever gets made.

I watched Her the other day, awesome film. Phoenix is pretty good in that! 

Disappointed by The Book Thief. There's no flair to the direction. Zey speak English with a German accent with the odd ja or nein and the narrator doesn't sound right. Some periphery characters speak German. It's all a bit dreary and doesn't have the book's heart.

Yeah I just saw that, couldn't be bothered to really look into it though.

I am thinking about watching either American Hustle or The Wolf of Wall Street tonight.

Wolf of Wall Street is about 1,000,000 times better imo.

Michael Douglas cast as Hank Pym, the original Ant-man, in Ant-man.

That's an odd one.

yeah they did the story for the film in the avengers cartoon the other week apparently

douglas will play hank pym, paul rudd will play a bloke who steals the suit

Yeah that's the story from the comics basically. The second Ant-man is essentially a bit of an anti-hero, he's a thief and a pervert who uses the suits power to further his own ends.

The original Hank Pym Ant-man is more interesting but his character arcs are often darker. He's a more useful character for the Avengers too - Pym spent a lot of time in the comics as the Avengers team scientist, really. Saying that, he is one of the few superhero characters to have numerous alter egos, there's more to him than just Ant-man...

No I don't bother with the cartoons. I know loads of the canon of a lot of the characters though.

Just realised I've actually gotten confused with my Ant-men. Scott Lang is the second one and he's basically the boring one, a pretty thief turned good. The pervert anti hero is the third one, whose name I forget. I reckon they might meld then together for the film, there's more comedy potential in the third one.

A rumour surfaced today for another potential Marvel Phase 3 movie, Dr Strange. Apparently Johnny Depp fancies the role. Would be a terrible decision. Potentially interesting movie though, very different to what else they've done so far. Done properly it'd be like the star gate section of 2001 for 2 hours.

No I don't bother with the cartoons. I know loads of the canon of a lot of the characters though.

Just realised I've actually gotten confused with my Ant-men. Scott Lang is the second one and he's basically the boring one, a pretty thief turned good. The pervert anti hero is the third one, whose name I forget. I reckon they might meld then together for the film, there's more comedy potential in the third one.

A rumour surfaced today for another potential Marvel Phase 3 movie, Dr Strange. Apparently Johnny Depp fancies the role. Would be a terrible decision. Potentially interesting movie though, very different to what else they've done so far. Done properly it'd be like the star gate section of 2001 for 2 hours.

I'd love Depp as Strange!

Disappointed by The Book Thief. There's no flair to the direction. Zey speak English with a German accent with the odd ja or nein and the narrator doesn't sound right. Some periphery characters speak German. It's all a bit dreary and doesn't have the book's heart.

No great surprise there TBH!

good-vibrations-uk-movie-quad-poster.jpg

Absolutely brilliant.  :thumb:

Loved this one too. Think it was most-watched of last year.

It's superb isn't it? The two sections which involve Teenage Kicks (recording and then J.Peel) are great.

I thought Richard Dormer was excellent as Hooley.

Â