The Film Thread

DeadlyDirk

Into the Wild. 

Liked it a lot, have gained much respect for Sean Penn as a director. 

Into the wild was loosely based on a real life story. Very good film. A lot of credit must go to the leading actor as well Emile Hirsch. Sean Penn has been one of my favourite actors for a long time.

Seven-Psychopaths1.jpg

Watched Seven Psychopaths last night - very funny with sharp dialogue - all the main leads were excellent, especially Harrelson and Walken.

If you liked In Bruges, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Guard etc this is worth checking out.

Nick Cage's performance in Con Air is surely one of the worst in the history of cinema.

Oh I don't know, I can think of at least three or four others from Nicholas Cage that are at least as bad.

Zodiac - 8 out of 10.

Really good, slightly chilling movie. The fact the killer is still out there is creepy.

Must add Robert Downey junior gives the same performance in every single film including this. He has to be the most annoying actor out there

Nick Cage's performance in Con Air is surely one of the worst in the history of cinema.

John Malkovich was the star of that movie

Oscar worthy performance

Malkovich was excellent, Cusack was good, Buscemi was good, Cage was like a piece of wood.

Seven-Psychopaths1.jpg

Watched Seven Psychopaths last night - very funny with sharp dialogue - all the main leads were excellent, especially Harrelson and Walken.

If you liked In Bruges, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, The Guard etc this is worth checking out.

i enjoyed it but was disappointing compared to In Bruges which is one of my favourite films

Oscar worthy performance

Malkovich was excellent, Cusack was good, Buscemi was good, Cage was like a piece of wood.

Cage is always like a piece of wood.. I really can't stand him.. Never understood why he is so highly rated by some

Oscar worthy performance

Hardly Oscar winning

I was joking :D

Seven-Psychopaths1.jpg

i enjoyed it but was disappointing compared to In Bruges which is one of my favourite films

This was more or less my view.

Enjoyed it but didn't think it was amazing. 

Definitely worth a watch but In Bruges is far superior, imo.

For those that haven't seen it (or even those that have!), Animal Kingdom is on C4 now. Really worth watching.

It's a cracking little film - I hadn't realised it was a true story until I read Chopper's book, he talks about the family in that.

The performance of the most frightening of the brothers is fantastic, he's not a big bloke, or particularly aggressive,  but he just puts you on edge from the moment he appears on screen.

Â