World of Warcraft

The_Rev

:(

Siongest last logged on three days ago....

I did have a couple of fun hours doing some of the old Northrend dungeons last night.  Soloed Satharion with three drakes up, and got the black drake flying mount.  Took about 20 seconds!

Anyone on here lucky enough to get a beta key for Hearthstone and fancy a spanking?

Yep got one yesterday. Only played a couple of minutes so far on the tutorial but it looks interesting.

Anyone on here lucky enough to get a beta key for Hearthstone and fancy a spanking?

Been playing a bit on and off for a couple of weeks.  Enjoying it a bit - waiting on a couple of ex-WoW-playing mates to get on it and take them on.

Having read some of the community forums, it didn't take long for themed decks to make an appearance - though crushing someone with a ton of murlocs would be hilarious...

I've put my 90 hunter on the shelf, and now I'm leveling a monk, (67 as of right now), Mistweaver...

Once he's 90, I'll drop the game again until the expansion.

Looking forward to seeing how this garrison building is going to work. Back to a proper 10 levels as well. Questing haters will not be happy, but I love it.

• Like 1

Finally, after 15 months, finished the quest chain for the legendary cloak today :) A really epic ending to a questline that took you all through the expansion. It's a ridiculously op piece of equipment, looking forward to trying it out :P

legcloak_zps019cf508.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what's left to do on the cloak q, but I just got the 3,000 Valor Points, and now I need the 20 drops from raid bosses.  It'll be just my luck that I'll get it as the expansion comes out, and then it will be outdone by the first bit of green tat that drops.

But anyway, the game looks rather amazing on my swanky new Alienware PC!

• Like 1

You'll need to collect 20 secrets of the empire from raid bosses in Throne of Thunder and SoO, this ones a bit of a pain in the arse but Lei-Shen and Sha of Pride are guaranteed drops each week. It's down to luck though, you might not get any drops one week then 5-6 another week. Then there's a few story based quests/material gathering and a small bit of rep grinding for the black prince. THEN.... unfortunately, more boss drops from SoO, about 10 runestones, luckily I had mine drop pretty quickly.

The last part of the quest, without spoiling much is a single player challenge, based on your strongest spec. So a dps/tanking or healing challenge. It's quite good fun. 

Edited by nobler

You'll need to collect 20 secrets of the empire from raid bosses in Throne of Thunder and SoO, this ones a bit of a pain in the arse but Lei-Shen and Sha of Pride are guaranteed drops each week. It's down to luck though, you might not get any drops one week then 5-6 another week. Then there's a few story based quests/material gathering and a small bit of rep grinding for the black prince. THEN.... unfortunately, more boss drops from SoO, about 10 runestones, luckily I had mine drop pretty quickly.

The last part of the quest, without spoiling much is a single player challenge, based on your strongest spec. So a dps/tanking or healing challenge. It's quite good fun. 

Yep, think I've got 3 or 4 Secrets of the Empire so far.  I've already got Exalted rep with the Black Prince, so that shouldn't be a problem.  I just hope I can finish it, do you have to kill Ordos on Timeless Isle as well, as that seems to be quite difficult to geta  group for these days.

Nope, Ordos is just a bonus boss for having the cloak, drops some pretty high level pve gear. There is a quest at some point to throw a spear at the world boss on isle of thunder. It's tricky without a group because it's a channelled spell, so you might have a bit of difficulty jumping into a group for that, these days. There are exploits though to kite him over to guards, so shouldn't be too much of a problem. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just leveled my monk to 90 last night. My profs are both 600. Nobody raids on my server anymore...I guess I'll just quit until the expansion. No need to grind heroics for gear I won't use in raids...

Goodbye for now, Azeroth...

Have you used the Looking For Raid tool? Servers are connected now to multiple other servers, so you'll be thrown into raid with groups constructed from many other servers, although if you're playing as dps queue times can still be a bit of a pain. After a bit of Lfr raiding in Siege of Orgrimmar, you'll probably have the gear to start Flex raiding. They added an option to manually create a group for Flex, so you can list your name, and the group leader will see your specs and add you to a group manually. Flex is good fun, it has a nice difficulty that still feels quite rewarding. 

I think they drastically lowered the item level requirement for the early raids now, so you should be able to jump into the first batch of raids from the expansion from the off. 

It might take a bit of work and grinding bosses for a bit, but i'd say it's worth it, the bosses this expansion have been very well designed, lots of variety and some very novel ideas.

Edited by nobler

I did all the LFR on my hunter, so I've seen that content. I'm not a fan of LFR, because it's all nerfed, and I'm playing with strangers. I'd rather do guild runs, but my server is Horde dominated, and the Ally on it is mostly PVP.

Looks like I'm gonna xfer my toons to a better balanced server with more PVE.

Â