World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I paid for one month's subscription just so I could pop on and say hello.  I said hello to Gulthrak, then realised I didn't have the first clue what to do any more, so logged off sharpish.  It's an entirely different game now, and I didn't recognise anything to do with my character.

Well, I bought MoP a month or so ago, but haven't really done anything yet - I'd like to do a panda from l1, so if anyone wants to join me, post a time and date. If a few of us could do so at the same time, that might still be kind of cool....

Don't get your hopes up, from footage I've seen so far, it's Generic Fantasy MMO #43563.

The only hope I have for an MMO that can recapture the love I had for WoW is the new Everquest, but after so many disappointments I try not to get too excited. No MMO is ever as exciting as the first one you play.

Well, I bought MoP a month or so ago, but haven't really done anything yet - I'd like to do a panda from l1, so if anyone wants to join me, post a time and date. If a few of us could do so at the same time, that might still be kind of cool....

Julian, If you're still on Tarren Mill then give me a shout and i'll boost you through a few dungeons.

I'd probably be up for this but right now, I'm still very much enjoying FFXIV. Just the one MMO sub fee for me I think.

Edit: Ok, which one of you is Flayre and how far down the rabbit hole do I need to go to get you your mount?

Edited by Sie

I wouldn't say 'shit'.

The game has evolved and been made ridiculously easier which obviously hasn't suited players like you, who found it a challenge to level back then compared to now. The idea of WoW now is hit the level cap and discover a whole new 'game'. RaF, SoR are prime examples of this. 

Yeah, for me, questing and leveling were the best parts of the game. I could play solo or with a few friends. I was never in a decent guild, so I never saw a whole lot of earlier raid content. 

Flightpaths at every corner have ruined the wonders of exploring the world and finding quests to do, and maybe running into other players, who you might team up with and get to know. Also, the ever-looming threat of world PVP made it exciting. Now nobody leaves SW or Org. You arrive at Darkshire, and it's a total ghost town. There used to be massive Horde and Alliance battles there on my server. 

Now it's all a frenzied gear farming fest and inane trade chat. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't say 'shit'.

The game has evolved and been made ridiculously easier which obviously hasn't suited players like you, who found it a challenge to level back then compared to now. The idea of WoW now is hit the level cap and discover a whole new 'game'. RaF, SoR are prime examples of this. 

Yeah, for me, questing and leveling were the best parts of the game. I could play solo or with a few friends. I was never in a decent guild, so I never saw a whole lot of earlier raid content. 

Flightpaths at every corner have ruined the wonders of exploring the world and finding quests to do, and maybe running into other players, who you might team up with and get to know. Also, the ever-looming threat of world PVP made it exciting. Now nobody leaves SW or Org. You arrive at Darkshire, and it's a total ghost town. There used to be massive Horde and Alliance battles there on my server. 

Now it's all a frenzied gear farming fest and inane trade chat. 

Quite agree, the exploring was the best bit.  Remember in the days before flying, the trek down to Badlands for Horde was pretty intense indeed, through loads of Alliance territory.

• Like 1

So I'm considering getting Kung Fu Panda after 18 months off. 

I uninstalled the game when I quit...I have all the discs except Cata, I'm unable to find it.

Do you think Blizz would let me download Cata for free/send me a new disc, knowing that I'd already bought it?

I uninstalled the game when I quit...I have all the discs except Cata, I'm unable to find it.

Do you think Blizz would let me download Cata for free/send me a new disc, knowing that I'd already bought it?

If you know someone who can send you a Scroll of Resurrection you get Cata for free (plus an insta lvl 80).

PM me if you want me to do it, I think I just need the email address associated with your WoW account.

To be a pedant. The Pandaren race featured in Warcraft III, six years before the Kung-Fu Panda thingy existed ;)

Also, it seems the next expansion will be revealed at Blizzcon, they've been late with announcing this year as MoP only has about 6-7 months life left in it (Siege of Orgrimmar being the last raid patch). Rumours that it will be called The Dark Below. My guess from that title would be an underworld involving the old golds, maybe a return for C'Thun :D

• Like 2

A return for C'thun as the main boss would be disappointing. Fleshing out another of the old gods could be interesting, but reusing a boss we've already seen as the titular character would be a bit underwhelming. If they do go down the old god route, they planted lots of hints towards N'Zoth in Cataclysm.

I still want the Azshara expansion. I'd resub for that. The Pandaren just bore the life out of me, I can't bring myself to play it.

Edited by Davkaus

Strange. I've downloaded the game, I get the launch screen, and it says "Error" when I try to log in. I have the Blizz launcher in my applications folder, and when I try and launch it from there, it says "Please run the game launcher from the game directory"

Just logged into my Battle.net account since forever and it says I can get the PandaLand expansion for £14.99. That probably wouldn't include game time though would it?

If you use the scroll I sent you I believe you get 7 days free. I don't think you get the 30 days for just buying the expansion though.

Â