World of Warcraft

The_Rev

It was such a good game when up until WOTLK, the relief you got when you finally got your first mount at level 40, the battles at Blackrock Mountain/Tarren Mill.

I kind of hope they release the original on the new consoles so I can do it all again. It'll never happen though :(

Edited by villarule123

It was such a good game when up until WOTLK, the relief you got when you finally got your first mount at level 40, the battles at Blackrock Mountain/Tarren Mill.

I kind of hope they release the original on the new consoles so I can do it all again. It'll never happen though :(

Real world PvP was ace.  We used to use Samisdead as bait outside of one of the Alliance flightpaths, then we'd all pile in and camp them until their mates showed up.

Real world PvP was ace.  We used to use Samisdead as bait outside of one of the Alliance flightpaths, then we'd all pile in and camp them until their mates showed up.

Chillwind Camp

• Like 2

Ha ha, that was it, couldn't remember the name of it earlier!  We used to hide in those hills behind the camp

Chillwind Camp

Stepping into Hellfire will always remain one of my top moments playing the game. Truly scary and wonderfully exciting. Fun instances there too. And fighting for the 3 flags was great ganking fun.

My favourite moment was our guild downing Archimonde. We had mild success in Black Temple and SSC but never really had the ability or serious enough to get the real hardest bosses, so this one was particularly satisfying for us. Archmonde was a weird fight, due to the mechanics, if one person died it was generally a wipe so it just took weeks and weeks of it all coming together and one person not lagging out or one person not using their item at the right time to float to the ground. I always remember our GM just screaming down vent, "HEALERS DPS!! HEALERS DPS!! right before the wisp spirits came to finish him off, then a massive "OH MY GODDDDD" and cheering, hah! Definitely the best sense of achievement I've had in gaming.

I think the most satisfying part of WoW is when it all clicks into place, particularly the battles that require pure communication and teamwork, there's a real sense that you've played a part in something special, which a lot of games can't create. 

Downing Nefarian for the first time was pretty ace.  We'd taken weeks and weeks to even get past the first boss in BWL, so to finally complete the whole place was ace.  I also liked it when the gates to AG20 and 40 opened at the bottom of Silithus.

I wouldn't say 'shit'.

The game has evolved and been made ridiculously easier which obviously hasn't suited players like you, who found it a challenge to level back then compared to now. The idea of WoW now is hit the level cap and discover a whole new 'game'. RaF, SoR are prime examples of this. 

It is a very different game now from Vanilla.

But it's still easily one of my favourite games of all time (if not my favourite). And the thing about the level of difficulty is that it's gated to people's tastes and requirements. 

If you want the normal/heroic raids you still have that, and they are still a challenge, but then if you are more a casual player (like me) then there is the LFR option.

Anyway, i'll continue to play it as long as it's enjoyable. 5.4 has been great so far (loving the Timeless Isles) and I can't wait to get my hands on Hellscream.

Â