World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Yep, crafting seems a bit lame now.  Got to 570 by making and vendoring the shite from the bloke in the market, then got to 600 by making a few blue pieces of crap.  The daily recipe so far has just given me a load of blue PvP elemental shammy gear, which is useless.  I'm at ilevel 450 now, have got a few decent pieces from Timeless Isle, which is just the strangest place ever.

On my server, the Isle is dominated with Horde, so it's just a gankathon for them and makes doing anything there impossible for Alliance. I did get a nice purple piece that dropped from a beast.

Seems like there are more and more ways to get gear, including the "scenarios" option. It still feels like free gear though, because you just mash buttons for 5-10 minutes and walk with a purple piece.

I have yet to do a proper raid with the guild I'm hooked up with. 

Yep, crafting seems a bit lame now.  Got to 570 by making and vendoring the shite from the bloke in the market, then got to 600 by making a few blue pieces of crap.  The daily recipe so far has just given me a load of blue PvP elemental shammy gear, which is useless.  I'm at ilevel 450 now, have got a few decent pieces from Timeless Isle, which is just the strangest place ever.

On my server, the Isle is dominated with Horde, so it's just a gankathon for them and makes doing anything there impossible for Alliance. I did get a nice purple piece that dropped from a beast.

Seems like there are more and more ways to get gear, including the "scenarios" option. It still feels like free gear though, because you just mash buttons for 5-10 minutes and walk with a purple piece.

I have yet to do a proper raid with the guild I'm hooked up with. 

Good! 

Again, speaking as someone who played vanilla WoW where the Alliance outnumbered the Horde by three to one because Lord of the Rings was still popular and you kinda needed Paladins to progress in PVE:  

Good. :D 

• Like 1

You can get ganked by your own side now on Timeless Isle, which is the shittest idea ever.  I'm enjoying playing with Si and Sam again, but ti's not the same game it was (counts on fingers) 8(!) years ago.

You are just lucky High Overlord Saurfang isn't a boss in that raid.  He is still the hardest man orc in WoW.  I remember the old mind control videos of him in Vanilla. The numbers aren't impressive now because health pools have increased so much, but he could use execute on people who still had 100% life and could one shot any player controlled character in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Warlords of Draenor confirmed as next expansion. Whole new continent of Draenor, level cap to 100 and seems to be a feature where server factions work together to build cities on the continent. Looking forward to it :D

Edit: New overhaul on character models too! (Finally)

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

Warlords of Draenor confirmed as next expansion. Whole new continent of Draenor, level cap to 100 and seems to be a feature where server factions work together to build cities on the continent. Looking forward to it :D

Edit: New overhaul on character models too! (Finally)

Cannot wait  :hooray:

New character models look great

Edited by Designer1

Chris Metzen was talking about this. When the art team were given license to go ahead with it, they went absolutely nuts and completely redesigned each race but ultimately they just weren't happy with completely changing the iconic characters which had defined WoW, so they went with updating the colours/animations of the older models.

I can understand why they did this to be honest. What would be the point in completely changing the races to something no longer iconic to WoW and what it is? For what its worth I think the three new models on show looked ok, nothing particularly great but the additions of moving mouths, teeth, tongues, moving toes.. stuff like that, are pretty cool. 

Edited by nobler

They look alright. The quality of textures is still pretty poor but they'll be covered by armour most of the time anyway, except when dancing naked in the middle of Orgrimmar...It wasn;'t just me, right?

It's the animation quality rather than the actual model design that matters, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm bored of this again.  Firstly, Si and Sam seem to have buggered off.  Secondly the raids are all a bit dull, as it's mostly fairly straight forward tank and spank.  I think it needs to be because it's massively aimed at PUGS now, but it's not that challenging.

Also Timeless Isle has got to be the worst zone in the game ever.  It looks like it was designed on the back of a fag packet, and has THE single worst idea in the game ever, ie turning it into a FFA zone where members of the same faction can kill each other.

Yeah, I've packed up until the next expansion. Done everything I wanted to do in Pandaria.

Brilliant expansion in all, really looking forward to the next one now.

Edited by Designer1

Â