World of Warcraft

The_Rev

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing this for nearly ten years now and yesterday was the first time I ever travelled on the Deeprun Tram  :o

Seriously? Slacker.  :-)

• Like 1

I noticed I had a ten day trial when I played Hearthstone. 

LdLNSm2.jpg

So I logged in and it took me five minutes to figure out how to dismount. The places were familiar but the people weren't, I doubt anybody recognised me or any of the guilds I was in. 

Conclusion: This is probably what it feels like when you get out of prison.   The Alliance were attacking Undercity though, which is kinda cool. 

It's more like going back to High School or Uni after 5-10 years and saying 'look who's baaaaaaaaaaack?!' to an audience of blank looks.

I've been trying to dig out my old videos but can't remember what the video site was we used before youtube became all powerful. Any ideas?

Looks like someone has uploaded some Dasher BWL vids onto youtube - think it might be Scoobs

Anyone still in touch with any of the Dashers? I wonder what my old partner in crime Viskahn is up to

I'm friends with him on Facebook. He started supporting Manchester United when Cheltenham got boring. I've not checked recently but I presume he's gone back to Cheltenham again.

Scoobs is living with Mugs in Manchester. He is playing vanilla WoW on a private server.

Gulth had a kid about three months ago. In a 'small world' moment it turns out he is mates with Dale who you might remember from the official forum days.

Edit: wasn't it warcraftmovies or something?

Edited by The_Rev

On the subject of the Dashers, bizarrely I bumped into Limpid and Samisdead the other day, at a football match of all places. If you recall Nayson, Bicks and Siongest, I'm friends on Facebook with them. They're all a bit odd though, so wouldn't want to meet them in real life.

• 1 month later...

Expansion pre-patch arrives tomorrow:

Information here

Patch notes here

Excited to see it as there's quite a few hefty changes.

Patch 6.0.2: The Iron Tide is scheduled to crash into Azeroth on Wednesday, October 15.  Featuring new content heralding the Iron Horde incursion, updates to the skills and abilities for every class, and a host of gameplay adjustments, this overture to Warlords of Draenor is coming at you armed to the teeth.

The new patch is not going over very well on the forums...

Happens quite a lot with any extensive changes to be fair mate.

I'll reserve judgement until i've played the new build for a few weeks.

These have popped up on the WoW YouTube channel:

Mildly interesting, I won't embed them all, you can click through to catch them on YouTube. 

Underwhelmed by the pre-expansion patch quest content which basically translated to half an hour of questing and a truncated UBRS.

However, the quality of life additions are very welcome, the skill changes and number crunch haven't been too obtrusive and I absolutely love the new character models. The Orc race is particularly good with real feeling of weight to them. So much so, that i've binned off my BE DK and made him an Orc.

Really psyched for the expansion now. Just trying to get my Shadow Priest to 90 before it hits so i'll have all 11 classes at max to choose from (before I have to get them all to 100 of course :D ).

• Like 1

It's so crazy logging in after a long time away. This game was pretty much my life for 5 years, but I login, and I recognise no one. Never mind the players, even the guilds have all gone...The World of Warcraft had moved on!

Â