World of Warcraft

The_Rev

No release date yet. There should just be one more major content patch in Cataclysm, which is currently on the PTR and will probably be released to live in the next 6 weeks.

I'd think it'll be Q3 of next year.

The blizzcon trailer for Diablo 3 was amazing.. they should start making movies if thats the quality of thier fmv.

It may be pandas but blizz has promised all out war of Horde v Alliance,,,, this could be real fun :))

I really think they done a good job with Catalysm. i packed in after being hacked in wolk , I was a 4/5 night a week raider since 2006.

I came back about a month ago and moved servers to play with 4 or 5 rlf. We are not in a big guild who raids but i love that in 4.3 i can get in a cross realm raid with the new raid tool being implimented. allso getting in a dungeon group is easy with the new finder.

I think some of you who have left would be plesently surprised with wow changes.

My only gripe is the new talent system, its been designed for the noob who didnt have a clue. making it near impossible to be badly specced

My only gripe is the new talent system, its been designed for the noob who didnt have a clue. making it near impossible to be badly specced

Surely that is a good thing?

hmmmmm not really it puts every1 on same dps and just down to rotations now on thier dps/healing or tanking, makes the mediocre player better though. i play mage mostly and loved that all these fire/frost specced mages pre Cata couldn`t get the spec right in the arc/frost tree and failed at dps. now everyfrigging one in pve is arcane, and all frost in pvp, so to make People go back to fire they are increasing damage loads for fire in 4.3.

IN Short:some people had no idea how to spec b4 Cata, It made it much easier to sort out the dead wood when they applied to our guild

LoL guess i am one of them elitist jerks :)

But the thing is anybody in a decent guild would just go to elitist jerks and spec cookie cutter anyway, I played a Warlock in Vanilla and every raiding Warlock had to spec 30-0-21 (SM/Ruin) so we couldnt take a top tier talent in any tree. All Mages were Arcane/Frost in MC & BWL because half of the mobs (and most of the bosses) were completely immune to fire damage, then they switched to Fire for rolling ignites in AQ and Naxx. You are just looking at the old days through rose tinted spectacles, if you have had your fill of the game then you have had your fill. I know I have but I dont pretend it was brilliant in the old days and shit now, I accept the magic simply wore off because I had seen everything for the first time and I could see that the changes were rehashes of old stuff or balance changes because of previous mistakes. The game has changed, but so have the players and I think its the change in the players which is the biggest factor in getting jaded. I dare say now if a huge posse of VT forumites all started new characters for the first time like we did, going into the game completely blind then they will have as much fun as we did.

Scam.

I get them all the time, but when I initially started playing the game, I used email x. When the accounts changed to battlenet accounts, I changed my email address to y. As far as Blizzard is concerned, my address, in the billing info is y. But my old address of x gets at least 3 of these type emails a week.

I agree with you Nayson that people joining the game now will still enjoy it, but I'd argue strongly that it was much better back then. You actually had to know your class to be good at it, and to complete BWL as we did was a real gaming challenge, a challenge that seemed to lessen steadily over time in WoW.

• 1 month later...

Anyone raiding the new dragon soul content?

Did the first 4 last night without a wipe then got to Ultraxion what a beast

Mostly teething problems people getting used to the twilight debuff

He bugged out on our 2nd attempt using his hard enrage 2 minutes into the fight

Im a healer so it was real intense switched from disc to holy to do more AOE healing took the red buff while the holy pala took the green i think it was

Starts doing some rediculous damage towards the end basically a dps race everyone needs to be doing 25k+ i think we had a 3rd healer but he was smite spec so doing dps as well which helped

Not playing any more, but I do drop into the old guild's Vent server from time to time and I caught them mid raid last time I logged in, Monday or Tuesday night I think. They cleared 5/8 (it is 8, isnt it?) of the new dungeon on the first night of attempts this week. BWL it aint!

Not playing any more, but I do drop into the old guild's Vent server from time to time and I caught them mid raid last time I logged in, Monday or Tuesday night I think. They cleared 5/8 (it is 8, isnt it?) of the new dungeon on the first night of attempts this week. BWL it aint!

BWL never had difficulty settings.

Looking for Raid (built in PuG, essentially), is easy mode, that seems to be aimed at people who have been dropped on their heads. Complete strangers can go in and roflstomp it. It's pretty much a 25 player version of Ragefire Chasm.

Normal mode is also pretty easy. Organised guilds will clear it incredibly quickly without many problems.

Heroic raids are still incredibly challenging. These are the raids that are aimed at the small section of the community who a few years ago would have been raiding Black Temple or Naxxramas (the proper one, not the Wrath abomination).

Don't look at the easy modes and say raiding is getting easier. They've opened it up to more people, meaning the lower difficulty levels are easy, but many of the heroic raids are far more difficult than anything vanilla had to offer. It's had to get progressively more difficult as the raiding community becomes more experienced.

Ragnaros heroic, Sinestra, Lich King Heroic, Yogg Saron+0...to compare them to the level 60 bosses is laughable.

• 2 months later...

After 5 years... I made level 85. (A few will remember when I started / how long it's been and yes I am talking about my main, not alt!)

So now I need to learn how to PvP and Raid. Its weird with no XP bar though, I kinda feel like there's no purpose now.

After 5 years... I made level 85. (A few will remember when I started / how long it's been and yes I am talking about my main, not alt!)

So now I need to learn how to PvP and Raid. Its weird with no XP bar though, I kinda feel like there's no purpose now.

I feel like you need a standing ovation rather than a simple 'GZ' so just for you...

2224977_o.gif

Well done :)

I feel like you need a standing ovation rather than a simple 'GZ' so just for you...

2224977_o.gif

Well done :)

Hahahahaha. I like the standing ovation, thanking you :D

Â