World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I have tried to persevere with the endgame content, yet it just isn't that good. I expected more from Cata to be honest.

Fair enough if raiding just isn't for you, but this tier of raid content is probably the most consistantly challenging tier of raiding they've put into the game so far.

Raiding and PvP are two of the main things I have always done in WoW. However, I just find the current content to be dull in all honesty. I think I have just grown tired of the game...

I'll be sticking with Rift for a while as it is fresh and I am enjoying it so far. I may go back to WoW in the near future but for now I am leaving it behind.

Don't forget this is just the 1st release of the initial Cata expansion. More to come, always is. Although am really just taking it as it comes these days, but that really applies to all gaming, rather than just WoW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What an abandoned thread. :detect:

Had enough of RIFT in the end and wanted this back pretty bad so did. Started a warrior last week, got him at 44 right now (probably the worst part of levelling).

• 2 weeks later...

what do you guys reckon, i played this game for about three years or so but havnt played in about a year. just recently got given a cata trial and had a quick look, if anything evrywhere looked deserted, i didnt like the new talent system at a glance.

what do you all think have i been to harsh at first sight, is it as good as ever?

should i pay for a subscription?

(btw i have a level 80 paladin, and a 75 warlock, are they any good pvp/pve these days?)

what do you guys reckon, i played this game for about three years or so but havnt played in about a year. just recently got given a cata trial and had a quick look, if anything evrywhere looked deserted, i didnt like the new talent system at a glance.

what do you all think have i been to harsh at first sight, is it as good as ever?

should i pay for a subscription?

(btw i have a level 80 paladin, and a 75 warlock, are they any good pvp/pve these days?)

I just cancelled my subscription after 2+ years....I don't have the time/patience/interest anymore to scratch and claw to get a raid group together, only to continually wipe while trying to figure out new bosses....I never was really into PVP much....I thought I'd have withdrawal, but it's been a week now, and I don't miss it at all.

The new questing content is ok, but you'll fly through it in no time. If you have a good guild, I'd check it out again, but if you are like me (crap guild, crap server).....it's a waste of time.

i dont have a good guild and im on sunstrider and twisting nether, dont really know if they are any good tbh. i went on my trial and after a year its like starting all over again i dont have a clue what im doing at all.

i dont have a good guild and im on sunstrider and twisting nether, dont really know if they are any good tbh. i went on my trial and after a year its like starting all over again i dont have a clue what im doing at all.

Then you might be better off skipping it, and the monthly fee.

I've decided that guilds are a total pain in the ass. I like to escape the bullshit and baggage of people by playing the game, but too often, in order to progress, you have to deal with people....which means bullshit and baggage.

I'm looking into Shogun 2, which gives you the option of playing against the AI, but lets you work with and against live players as well, but you're not hamstrung by other people's schedules and bullshit.

The cartoony style of WoW is a little lame, too. I think I've just gotten bored with it all.

• 4 weeks later...

I signed up again just to check out the new worlds and what have you. Haven't got the remotest clue where anything is, or what to do any more!

• 2 weeks later...

....not much of a fan if I'm honest. Orgri is so full of huge flying mounts that you can hardly see anything. On top of that, my enhancement shaman now has a snare and a banish elemental on top of the pets and polymorph spells we got a couple of years back. Also the first new area is a water one. Yuck.

....not much of a fan if I'm honest. Orgri is so full of huge flying mounts that you can hardly see anything. On top of that, my enhancement shaman now has a snare and a banish elemental on top of the pets and polymorph spells we got a couple of years back. Also the first new area is a water one. Yuck.

You can completely skip Vashj'ir and level in Mount Hyjal instead, it's a much better zone (apart from the jousting).

Yes, yes that's all well and good but have you jumped off any mountains yet? :mrgreen:

In an homage to our first day in The Barrens together, I fell off the zep the other day!

I just logged in for the first time in about six weeks. Nayson is still level 80, if I see you online Risso I'll do a quest or three with you.

Awesome. I'll warn you now though, I'm pretty hopeless at the moment. I don't have any mods running, and I've got loads of new spells I don't know what to do with! I'm also going through that disappointing stage where all my hard won purple L80 WOTLK gear is a lot shitter than green quest rewards!

Had a mooch about Mount Hyjal last night which I quite enjoyed. It's changed a bit since we "broke in" a few years back when it was still under development.

Â