World of Warcraft

The_Rev

For anyone still playing (like me) or interested. MMO Champion is running a live feed at the moment of the MoP Beta.

Here

They also have videos of some of the new character graphics on the site and after seeing them you can see why Blizz are going to be updating the old models (they're doing the Dwarves at the moment) as the new versions look a 100 times better.

For anyone still playing (like me) or interested. MMO Champion is running a live feed at the moment of the MoP Beta.

Here

They also have videos of some of the new character graphics on the site and after seeing them you can see why Blizz are going to be updating the old models (they're doing the Dwarves at the moment) as the new versions look a 100 times better.

Wha? You're still playing? I was sure you said you'd hung up your WoW hat for good the last time you quit.

Wha? You're still playing? I was sure you said you'd hung up your WoW hat for good the last time you quit.

Yep, thought I had tbh. A mixture of playing SWTOR which spiked my interest in MMO's again, wanting to see the Cata content (so glad I did, 1-60 is almost unrecognizable) and a couple of mates twisting my arm to come back meant I returned.

Well, I think my 4 year run is up. BC to Cata....Leveled 4 toons to 85 (1 DK...), only felt truly comfortable playing one of them in a raid setting...I find that I'm experiencing the same feelings now that I had progressing through ICC...dread and stress. And I wonder why the hell am I playing this?

It's immersive and wondrous and addictive and challenging...but there are so many assholes who play, so many teenyboppers, so many elitists...and it gets so redundant. Grinding the same instances for purple gear that you're just going to toss when the XPac comes out....wiping over and over on raid bosses, people arguing in vent...

I'm done.

And no way am I waiting in line to buy Pandaland when it comes out. Blizz have lost the plot, and they've lost me.

It was fun for a while, though.

I'm thinking strategy games now.

Anyone play Civ 5/Total War/Europa 3 type games?

Any recommendations?

Go with Starcraft II. Its a great game even if you only play the single player (like I did) but the multiplayer scene is arguably the pinnacle of competitive gaming at the moment. Developers would kill to have the sort of scene that Starcraft has in Korea, and that is spreading to Europe and North America. There are a few bits of crossover with WoW too, you can finally see what "Zerg it!" actually means and of course, you can still chat to people who are playing WoW because the realID friends list is cross game.

has anyone got a scroll of resurrection invite they can give me?

fancy seeing how WoW is nowadays, and maybe even start again, will appreciate a invite!

Yep. PM me your real id email address (the one associated with your account) and I'll send it you tonight.

I take it you know you get a character instantly boosted to 80, a free character transfer to any server and free Cata?

pmed :)

yeah, i know about the offer, pretty good! cant see myself playing past the 7 days but who knows

If you haven't played any of the Cata content I would suggest rolling a new character and playing through that.

Go with Starcraft II. Its a great game even if you only play the single player (like I did) but the multiplayer scene is arguably the pinnacle of competitive gaming at the moment. Developers would kill to have the sort of scene that Starcraft has in Korea, and that is spreading to Europe and North America. There are a few bits of crossover with WoW too, you can finally see what "Zerg it!" actually means and of course, you can still chat to people who are playing WoW because the realID friends list is cross game.

Seems like more of a straight PVP game? (I'm strictly PVE in WoW, and not coordinated enough to do well in PVP)

• 4 weeks later...
I got an invitation email to rejoin the Dashers the other day, weird!

What? from who?

Some idiot had the GM post last I heard. Might mail Shack and ask him....

Ps, You Riss !

I got an invitation email to rejoin the Dashers the other day, weird!

What? from who?

Some idiot had the GM post last I heard. Might mail Shack and ask him....

Ps, You Riss !

Cura:

" we have an invite every day :P so sended to some dashers :P "

Seems like more of a straight PVP game? (I'm strictly PVE in WoW, and not coordinated enough to do well in PVP)

Apologies for the late reply, but no. The PvP is a huge deal, especially in Korea where it seems to be something of a national sport (genuinely) but the single player campaign is great too. I thoroughly enjoyed Starcraft II and I didnt have a single multiplayer match.

• 3 months later...

Shortly after GW2, surprising. :P

The expansion seems a bit...meh, to me.They seem to very much have put raiding on the back-burner, and all the emphasis is on their pokemon battles and so on. I guess more casual players were probably annoyed with previous expansions always being focused on a boss they'd probably never see, though..

It does seem a bit odd having an expansion out in less than 2 months, but still having no idea who any of the bosses will be. Maybe the cinematic will have some clues.

Â