World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Arsebiscuits. My list of excuses is getting thinner.

Like Si says, the best reason to subscribe since Cataclysm landed is probably to create a new character rather than focus exclusively on progressing an old level 80 one.

Its ridiculous how much work Blizz have put into reworking the game to feel fresh again rather than just dumping more shite onto what was already there.

I agree. I went with leveling my 80 first though and am now getting bored already. Time for me to level my Dwarf Shamy. :D

I think I have more fun now with alts than anything else. Its worth doing one just to see how much has changed in cataclysm (clue: its pretty much everything)

Okay, try this on your server. I have tried it three times today and it has worked every time:

You know how Gamon is a level 85 elite and hits like a freight train these days? Stand in the inn, and just casually ask over /2 why you cant attack him. It seems people cant resist testing to see if they can attack him.

ciTaXl.jpg

The first two times I did it, somebody just hit him and got one shot. This time the guy who hit him spoke to me first. :lol:

A fun trick as a mage; attack Gamon, pop Mirror Images, and run. Then watch him wreak havoc on people foolish enough to join in, before popping invisibility. My record is killing 8 people on a single pull.

pqEeGl.jpg

He came, he saw, he kicked ass. Never said a word, I think we just met a superstar. I'm pretty sure he had that blur coming off of him for the entire instance too.

Xai? He was one of the main people in the Dashers back in the glory days, it was him where the Heal Noctus! SPAM HIM! jokes all stemmed from.

Also the sort of person who make the game absolutely unbearable to play at times. A hormonal European, (probably from soemwhere in the Arctic circle where they don't get much daylight) for whom every single wipe or cock up was seen as a personal insult to him and all his family. A gigantic twunt in other words. An even less amenable version of Nighteye or whatever that other pillock in the Dashers was called.

I have tried to persevere with the endgame content, yet it just isn't that good. I expected more from Cata to be honest.

On anothet note, Rev you were spot on. The best thing about this expansion is the entirely new leveling experience. Both Alliance and Horde areas are great. I am in the process of leveling three alts, having deleted a couple of 80 chars and one 70.

I am having fun again, yet I wish the level cap had some better content. All of the time I bave poured into my main seems a little wasted. Thdn again, I have had fun along the way. I was just hoping for better bg's and new arenas before the details of the expansion were released. When I knew the details I suspected it wouldn't be great at 85.

The raid content is a bit dull too. I'm hoping the next expansion will focus more on us players that used to enjoy the experience at the level cap. I can but hope...

Just did Scholomance, its weird doing that place at level 40 when once upon a time it was one of (if not the) hardest 5 man in the game. With a full clearance and all the quests, its XP-o-mance, all five people in the group levelled up inside the instance. I'm starting to like the Shaman more and more, it's fun having two completely different games to play, melee while questing and healer while in dungeons though thanks to a few adjustments I made after reading elitist jerks I am fairly confident my DPS is all it can be. Shammies are very up and down in individual fights though, everything is crit based and proc based. Its fun when everything crits and windfury procs though, its probably the best burst in the entire game (but you cant control when or even if it happens) and I imagine my guy would be insane if he actually had an heirloom or three.

Oh, and I landed at a flight path just in time to see some Warrior called Hitter before he flew off in the opposite direction. How did I greet him?

cJg5x.png

When I stopped playing for good (around the time of 25 Man Naxx) I was comfortably in the top 3 DPS for most fights in raids, especially on single target bosses when I didn't have to move around too much. I always found the training dummies a pretty useful way of getting your rotation down to a fine art. I've no idea what gear or stats you need now, but I had huge +hit and crit back then, which meant my DPS was pretty stable. Questing as a melee shammy was a piece of piss in the end, as you could use your ghost wolves and elementals to round up herds of mobs and then just blast them all away at your leisure. There also weren't many classes that I was too concerned about meeting in one on one PvP either.

Ran an instance earlier on my Shammy (healer) with another Shaman in the group (ranged DPS)

I thought I'd ask him which totems he was going to drop so I could adjust mine accordingly and we could get the maximum benefit. I imagine having 8 totems up in a 5 man can be quite handy as you can have earthbind up, and have both mana spring and healing stream up too. He told me he didnt drop totems as they were crap and a waste of mana. This is at level 40-42.

Ran an instance earlier on my Shammy (healer) with another Shaman in the group (ranged DPS)

I thought I'd ask him which totems he was going to drop so I could adjust mine accordingly and we could get the maximum benefit. I imagine having 8 totems up in a 5 man can be quite handy as you can have earthbind up, and have both mana spring and healing stream up too. He told me he didnt drop totems as they were crap and a waste of mana. This is at level 40-42.

That makes me cry, a ten second conversation means that you're buffing the group to its maximum. If one of you is healing and the other DPS it should be obvious to him what to drop anyway, as healers obviously get buffs to healing and mana totems. I remember doing LBRS with two other shammies years ago. 3 lots of AOE fire Nova totems means that we absolutely blitzed it.

I have tried to persevere with the endgame content, yet it just isn't that good. I expected more from Cata to be honest.

Fair enough if raiding just isn't for you, but this tier of raid content is probably the most consistantly challenging tier of raiding they've put into the game so far.

Â