World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Well, I dinged 80 on the Paladin. Went to the underwater zone and I dont think it's as utterly brilliant as the consensus on the internet seems to suggest. Yeah, its very different and there are some really neat things there, but my pet hate in WoW rears its ugly head again, bad signposting. The game often used to dump you at the bottom of a cliff with no obvious way up but here there are quest hubs and cash ins inside caves with fairly well hidden entrances.

l1fvdl.jpg

Repeatedly getting my ass handed to me by a multiboxer doesnt help much, but I have killed so many Alliance in this zone I cant really complain about dying in PvP.

Not a huge fan of the underwater zone...it's a little claustrophobia-inducing....absolutely love Uldum, though, it's like a huge Iron Maiden Powerslave landscape. Not thrilled with Dunholme, but like Twilight Highlands. Hyjal was nice to fly around in, but the quests were eh.....

Some of the instances take a LONG time, almost too long, when you're grinding heroics, and keep getting HoO as your random

Gotta say Nayson, shitting it up in Stranglethorn last night with that awesome dollop of revenge stylee pee vee pee really made the game feel like it used to. It was a brief glimpse of the old magic we all experienced back in 2005.

Gotta say Nayson, shitting it up in Stranglethorn last night with that awesome dollop of revenge stylee pee vee pee really made the game feel like it used to. It was a brief glimpse of the old magic we all experienced back in 2005.

Must......resist.....temptation....gnnnnnnh!

I thought I had took a screenshot of of it, but sadly I didnt.

I'm glad I have found a class that can kick the shit out of Hunters with ease though. :)

I did it with a Paladin. Admittedly I blindsided him so I could save my Avengers Shield and Hammer of Justice, but I splattered a player who outleveled and outgeared me.

Must......resist.....temptation....gnnnnnnh!

Joooooooiiiiiiiin uuuuuuuussss.........its bliiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss.

Frost is great fun when you have certain talents. The key to Frost is making sure you crit, and the key to making sure you crit is by freezing things. They are known in game as shatter combos. It appears they have nerfed it quite a bit in 4.0, but its still be key to Frost. You want every talent that increases your crit chance and you want every talent that reduces the cooldown of Frost Nova (and your pet's frost Nova) and you want every talent that can proc Fingers of Frost.

Its nice that they moved Ice Lance to level 28, so you dont have to wait until 60something to get it now. You freeze a target, then you launch a Frostbolt and an Ice Lance. They should both have an incredibly high chance of being a critical strike. You can stack spellpower/crit chance gear too, as you wont get hit anywhere near as often by melee mobs as you do when Fire spec.

Arsebiscuits. My list of excuses is getting thinner.

Coming back to an MMO game always seems to go the same way for most people though doesn't it? - initially you would probably really enjoy your return, but before you know it you would be logging on more out of habit than enjoyment.

If you are thinking of rolling a new toon that might help though, but I seem to remember you were always dead set against doing that. Anyway, my WoW days are long over so I'll bugger off and wait for the Old Republic to surface. :D

Like Si says, the best reason to subscribe since Cataclysm landed is probably to create a new character rather than focus exclusively on progressing an old level 80 one.

Its ridiculous how much work Blizz have put into reworking the game to feel fresh again rather than just dumping more shite onto what was already there.

Coming back to an MMO game always seems to go the same way for most people though doesn't it? - initially you would probably really enjoy your return, but before you know it you would be logging on more out of habit than enjoyment.

If you are thinking of rolling a new toon that might help though, but I seem to remember you were always dead set against doing that. Anyway, my WoW days are long over so I'll bugger off and wait for the Old Republic to surface. :D

You're probably right Si. The boredom was mostly due to over familiarity with the game though, and there's a lot of new stuff to explore.

Can you play WoW on a Mac? I must admit, I'm tempted to sign up just to have a look round and level up, and do some PvP.

What's a 'Mac' Rissok ?

I must agree with the ladies - the feel of the game is far closer to Vanilla than I thought was possible. Underwater zone is a bit meh though.

:-)

Â