The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

it was a good game, i didnt think barca were that bad, they had plenty of the ball some good overlapping from the wing backs, messi was flying past players, the problem was madrid held a good line and were organised, in casemiro they've got their best DMC in years, marcelo is in the form of his life, ramos and varane are a great pairing, add to that i thought suarez looked like it was the first game of the season

the suarez dive was nothing different from what he did in the PL, pretty much the same as what he did to us, purposefully knocked the ball round the keeper, left the floor before there was contact, no actual conclusive proof there even was contact

it was also streamed on youtube which was great

Yet another El Clasico ruined by diving, intimidating officials, pushing/touching officials, Ronaldo posing and, bizarrely, fighting between players while the ball was still in play! I don't blame the players, it's the people running the game who let this type of behaviour continue that are at fault. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Ronaldo is top boy. 

He's so unlikeable, but that celebration was top, top trolling of the highest order. 

Genius 

But copied from messi at the bernabeu last season?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Asensio really does look up to the hype and to think he was linked with a move to Liverpool :lol:

This for me. Asensio looks on another level for me. I get excited to watch him every time I see him on the pitch.

scary thing is Real have quite a young side as well sprinkled with experienced class like Ronaldo, Modric and Ramos

without being super flashy they have quietly assembled best squad in Europe 

12 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

But copied from messi at the bernabeu last season?

That was the best bit about it! As I said, it was gold medal standard trolling. 

Plus, Ronaldo added the obligatory 'flex', Messi was more like a fat dad round the pool with his t-shirt on! 

6 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I also got thinking last night, when was the last time Barca produced a top quality player from the fabled la masia? 

Probably none since Adama Traore tbh.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I also got thinking last night, when was the last time Barca produced a top quality player from the fabled la masia? 

pretty much none since they closed it and opened the new one in 2011

they have sergi roberto in the squad who is probably the best product out of there in the last 5/6 years and he's a jack of all trades not good enough player, then theres suarez who's come back and samper and munir around the squad, their B team has been relegated (promoted this year) and has hardly any decent talent in there, the spain U21s, U19s and U18s from this summer have 4 barca players in them

compare that to madrid who have asensio, ceballos, vallejo, borja mayoral (i think he'll end up on loan again) marcos llorente, then they've got theo hernandez, leinhart, odegaard, valverde, sergio diaz...they've been actively scouting and buying young talent for a couple of years, dunno if you'd say it started with zidanes role in capturing varane and he's just carried it through

Â