The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

When you look at the Barca squad or indeed first 11 it's miles behind Madrid imo.

Ter Stegen- Lets in too many cheap goals during a season.

Mascherano- Love him as a player but he's starting to slow up now and think he'll keep up getting exposed in defence as he dosen't have the legs anymore.

Pique- Not declined as much as Mascherano but getting past his peak aswell. Dosen't score as many goals as Ramos either.

Umtiti- Decent.

Sergi Roberto- Don't see the fuss.

Andres Gomes- Abysmal player. Why is he still starting?

Rakitic- One of my favourites. Talk of him going to Liverpool though as part of the Coutinho deal.

Busquets- Don't think he's as influential as he was, struggled to protect the back 4 in CL away games last season.

Alba- Still up to the standard required I reckon.

Suarez- Goal tally was still pretty good last year but thought his overall performances and finishing wasn't actually as good as in previous years. Difficult to say if it was just a poor year or decline with him hitting 30 now.

Messi- Still the boss in La Liga but can't quite influence CL games like he once did.

Really difficult to get excited about their options on their bench. Paco Alcacer is just a box player and his signing made little sense so surprised he hasn't gone back to Valencia or another top half La Liga club.

It's clear Barca will sign 1-2 attacking players to replace Neymar but to me they need a lot more in defence and midfield and can't say someone like Paulinho is going to lift their standard a great deal.

Madrid aren't playing Bale or Ronaldo and are comfortably winning.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

When you look at the Barca squad or indeed first 11 it's miles behind Madrid imo.

Ter Stegen- Lets in too many cheap goals during a season.

Mascherano- Love him as a player but he's starting to slow up now and think he'll keep up getting exposed in defence as he dosen't have the legs anymore.

Pique- Not declined as much as Mascherano but getting past his peak aswell. Dosen't score as many goals as Ramos either.

Umtiti- Decent.

Sergi Roberto- Don't see the fuss.

Andres Gomes- Abysmal player. Why is he still starting?

Rakitic- One of my favourites. Talk of him going to Liverpool though as part of the Coutinho deal.

Busquets- Don't think he's as influential as he was, struggled to protect the back 4 in CL away games last season.

Alba- Still up to the standard required I reckon.

Suarez- Goal tally was still pretty good last year but thought his overall performances and finishing wasn't actually as good as in previous years. Difficult to say if it was just a poor year or decline with him hitting 30 now.

Messi- Still the boss in La Liga but can't quite influence CL games like he once did.

Really difficult to get excited about their options on their bench. Paco Alcacer is just a box player and his signing made little sense so surprised he hasn't gone back to Valencia or another top half La Liga club.

It's clear Barca will sign 1-2 attacking players to replace Neymar but to me they need a lot more in defence and midfield and can't say someone like Paulinho is going to lift their standard a great deal.

Madrid aren't playing Bale or Ronaldo and are comfortably winning.

No I've noticed Suarez hasn't got the touch and seems to have lost that little bit of pace compared to his Liverpool days and first two seasons at Barcelona when he was sensational. Messi difficult to say because he has to do everything by himself. Put him in the Real team he would still probably be fasntastic

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No I've noticed Suarez hasn't got the touch and seems to have lost that little bit of pace compared to his Liverpool days and first two seasons at Barcelona when he was sensational. Messi difficult to say because he has to do everything by himself. Put him in the Real team he would still probably be fasntastic

It's definitely Suarez that's looked most off the pace in these 2 games

comparing the midfields and Barcelona is quite poor. Rakitic best of the 3 in a creative sense and he probably wouldnt get in Real team. 3/4 years ago they had Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thiago available to them

• Like 1

The last time Barca looked like this was under Martino in 13-14, they finished 3rd in La Liga and was knocked out in the QF in CL.

Add Rakitic and Suarez and they're treble winners a year later.

Add Coutinho and Dembele and they will be challenging for the CL this season.

1 minute ago, Avfc96 said:

The last time Barca looked like this was under Martino in 13-14, they finished 3rd in La Liga and was knocked out in the QF in CL.

Add Rakitic and Suarez and they're treble winners a year later.

Add Coutinho and Dembele and they will be challenging for the CL this season.

Even with those two their options in defence and defensive midfield just aren't great anymore hence their collapses in away games in the CL last season.

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

To be fair they have hit the bar and post

They'll still win plenty of games 5/6-0 in La Liga due to who they have in attack.

My point is though would you fancy their defence to hold out when they go away to a PSG or Juventus in the CL? It didn't last seen and they've shipped 5 to a Madrid team who haven't even had their best attackers starting in these two games.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'll still win plenty of games 5/6-0 in La Liga due to who they have in attack.

My point is though would you fancy their defence to hold out when they go away to a PSG or Juventus in the CL? It didn't last seen and they've shipped 5 to a Madrid team who haven't even had their best attackers starting in these two games.

nope they wont win the champions league this year. Think theres a few Premier League sides that could beat them as well

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

nope they wont win the champions league this year. Think theres a few Premier League sides that could beat them as well

not a chance. only Premier League team with a chance is United the rest are shit at defending and they outplayed United last week showing a gulf between teams

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Man city beat them 3-1 last season at home. they have improved wheras Barcelona have got worse. Think even with the new signings City would do them over two legs right now

My bad thought u meant Real wont win C.League

Â