The Spanish Football/la Liga Thread

Troglodyte

43 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Asensio looks incredible, Arsenal signing him? **** no chance.

That's what I thought when I read Arsenal were set to trigure his release clause. If Real sold him there would be an outcry. he's already better than Bale. 

Edited by PaulC

Valencia always raise their game for Barca and Real Madrid.

Even in their car crash previous two seasons they've really got points off both, Gary Neville also drew 2-2 with Real Madrid.

They have made some good signings though, Kongdogbia was stupidly rated a few seasons ago and has just disappeared so top 8 for sure as they were pretty good at the back last night and that has been a massive issue for them last few years.

I like the manager Chris. he did a great job at Villareal and I see no reason why he cant take a bigger club to even greater success. I thought they played well yesterday. Yes Real created chances, they always do but they wasted many themselves and but for the brilliance of Asensio they would have won that

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

That's what I thought when I read Arsenal were set to trigure his release clause. If Real sold him there would be an outcry. he's already better than Bale. 

Time will tell if he can do it on the genuinely big occasions and under extremely high pressure, but the early signs are good, he looks to be the complete package and is dragging that team forward at the moment.  

Maybe a bit ott to say hes already  better than Bale but Bale doesn't seem liked by the Real supporters and is not playing with the same confidence he used to. I think he needs to come back to England. Barcelona would be better for him. 

Edited by PaulC

• 2 weeks later...

Barca aren't even that good, wait until they play someone decent.

Too much rotation from Zidane today in his line up.

Just think a year or so ago some press was saying Madrid should sell Ronaldo as Bale was ready to fill his shoes. How's that going again.

Â