General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

Nothing major but can you point out to whoever runs the Official Site that they've missed out the Vienna home game on the fixture list? Here. I knew what date it was on but was looking for the kick off time and had to look in the ticket section, not a problem but could do with being on there I'd have thought.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

Quite possibly been mentioned on here before but at least it takes away from all the squad bashing going on (although I'm afraid I agree)...

Had tickets for the North Stand Upper yesterday as we went with my nephews. Great seats, fantastic price due to a deal where the kids were a quid but was absolutely shocked by the poor standard of catering available in comparison with the other stands - is this going to be addressed?

Kids wanted chips; "we don't do chips", oookkay. Kids want a burger; "we don't do burgers". Sandwiches? Nope. Hot dogs? Nope. All they do are pies - an acquired taste for a 4 year old. Absolutely no choice in comparison with our other stands.

Is there a reason for this, or more precisely why hasn't it been addressed?

General,

Never posted anything in this thread until now.

Listen to the negatives, I know you will, all successes have stumbles along the way. However, the majority of us Villa fans love Martin O'Neill, and we believe in him. One bad result doesn't make a season. The defeat will hurt us all, lets just hope we grow stronger from it. I believe we will.

Up the Villa. Take care.

Your friend,

Jas

General, Without jumping on the bandwagon, I believe that the ill feeling is all born out of frustration. We hear Randy saying the funds will be there if MON wants to spend. We don't see MON spending the cash.

To read people question Randy and your goodself is a bit difficult to take to be fair. I don't believe the problem lies at the feet of you guys. You have both done great things for the club (we all know what they are) and I wouldn't want the "ship" in any other hands right now. As for the person steering the ship, i think he has got a little lost recently and needs some help.

We win the peace cup against much better teams that Wigan, we see people playing that the fans were calling to see last year during the difficult period but lack of faith meant they didn't get a look in. We now replace those people that seemed to know what to do when they put "the shirt" on, had the passion that came with it and look what has happened - the blame can only be pointed at the feet of one man.

I was always under the impression you don't change a winning team - but change a team that is losing for sure. We appear to have a manager that thinks the opposite. I know this wont be what MON had in mind however, actions speak louder than words. When was he changing things when we couldn't win ?

The "established" players probably know if they are fit, they will play - that is not good for either them or the people waiting to take their place. We should have gone out against Wigan with the team that won the peace cup - yeah it had some "stars" missing, but hey, they have to EARN their place in the team, the youngsters earned it by winning.

Rant over - but not sorry for what has been said.

General,

As you can see , a lot of people are over reacting to saturdays defeat. I will not jump on that wagon but i am very worried .

Ive watched villa for four decades so have witnessed some very poor and very good football.

I would be gutted to see martin suffer the three year villa manager syndrome but as i sat there saturday i could not help feeling i had seen the same desperate performance under Turner , Atkinson , Little , Gregory , Taylor and Oleary.

That kind of football has been present since the turn of the year and in the past has seen the manager walk or be removed.

Martin knows more about football than i do and you guys are doing a fantastic job behind the scenes but if we dont get at least three new players in i think the next four months could be very painfull.

cheers.

General,

Myself and my wife have both been made redundant this week. We have 2 young children and a mortgage to pay. I have and still am a season ticket holder for the last 15yrs, But i can't justify spending the money watching the trash I saw on Sat. Is it possible to return my season ticket?

Thanks

Hi General,

I hope your health has improved? Im not going to moan about the match, but i have a quick question.......i bought tickets on my card for the Fiorentina friendly but we got stuck in solid traffic and couldn't make it, i called up and was told my card would not be charged, however a week later by card has been charged and no one is answering my e-mails. Can you help me out? Is there any chance of getting my money back? Cheers General.

General Krulak here:

1. I am like you...I am a Fan first and foremost. I watched the game on the telly and was absolutely gutted. There is nothing I can really say about the performance other than it was not what is expected of lads wearing Claret and Blue. My language may not be as salty as some on this site but my feelings mirror many who have made comments. It was not a performance expected...it was very difficult to watch...I am sure it was even more difficult to watch in person. The only saving grace is that none of the players, the coaches or the Manager are happy with what happened either. They are professionals and professionals do not like to have what happened today, take place. I wish I could give an explanation or a reason...but I cannot. I can only believe that these professionals will come together and get back on the winning track. It was a grim afternoon.

2. I never heard Randy say that he wasn't going to spend money this summer...never. Not sure where that came from and it is obviously not accurate.

He said the plan was always to spend less this summer. Not "any" but less.

Perhaps that has helped clarify for you the question General

General Krulak here:

1. Richard: "less" than what? I notice he didn't indicate a number. I think this is a specious comment from you...Randy has spent on players...NO ONE can fault him for his wallet.

2. Fran Villa: Huh?? I have no idea what your first two comments mean.

3. imavillan: Please apologize to your wife for me. I will attempt to sort this out this week. Please give me feed back after the next game to see if it got sorted.

4. Limpdk and Razor: I would ask you both to call Nicky Keye and see what she can do to help. Talk to HER personally.

I think what Richard is getting at General is that Randy has perhaps intimated that because of the difficult financial situation the world finds itself in we may have to cut our cloth accordingly. Which sounds to me as if there is a defined budget and it isn't anywhere near what we might be hoping for.

I don't agree for what it's worth, I just think the manager is too risk averse. He won't speculate. Fair enough, it's not his money and he doesn't want to bankrupt the club. But then, that's what a scouting network is for. He either doesn't have one or he won't trust it, IMO. Which was fine to get us here, but isn't the way forward in my opinion.

As I pointed out on another thread, Randy Lerner put another huge injection of cash into the club in October last year, and massively increased the authorised share capital as well, presumably with the intention of doing so again in the future. I believe that Randy, within reason, is fully prepared to make the decisions necessary to ensure the success of the club. I don't think we're struggling to bring the necessary players in due to lack of funds, I think the responsibilty for that rests solely on the shoulders of the manager.

We soent nearly £50m on players last season, so "less" than that would still give us plenty of scope to bring some decent defenders to the club. Randy has backed O'Neill's judgement with cold, hard cash, it's not his fault O'Neill wasted it on turkeys like Davies, Cuellar and Shorey.

This thread seems to be less questions for the General and more a diatribe against anything people don't like. I'd just like to voice General that much of the fanbase is four square behind the management and the owner... yes we're disappointed by the display against Wigan but we don't think the sky is falling.

Please keep up the good work!

General

After reading many posts on this site, could you get a message to Randy and MON, that i am 150% behind what they are trying to do. I am upset as anybody about the result on Saturday and i am pretty sure MON feels it more than anyone but we will get it right. Ask him if he needs any scouts who'll work for 'free' i'll give him a helping hand ;).

Hi General,

Firstly, can I please just thank you for the time you spend dealing with all of our "abuse" on these boards. I think your coming on here and offering us a chance to have our say really is great.

Now to my question, unfortunately I don't get to go and see as many games as I would hope to but when I can't, I am always dissapointed to see that Villa are rarely shown on Sky Sports / now ESPN.

Having seen that some of the other clubs have their own TV channels, I wonder if this is something that the Villa management have ever considered? I appreciate that this might not be as viable for us as perhaps the teams who do it at the moment, really the top four, however I thought I would ask the question as i've been hoping for it for some time.

Failing the TV channel idea, how about showing games live online?

Last season I paid for both Sky Sports and Setanta month on month just to watch Villa who generally were on once every two months at least. I am sure that there are a good number of fans like me who, given the choice, would prefer to see our hard earned cash go into Randy's bank account than those greedy sports channels.

Thanks,

P.S - If by some miracle Randy says "By god Mr Krulak you're on to something here" and launches Villa TV which in turn nets him and Villa millions. Remember it was my idea :lol:

General I noticed you having a view of the forum...dont take too much notice of us all having a moan mate its what we do best and all we have known for years and years!! we are brummies after all :nod: (well im not but Warwickshire is close enough) I hope you had a right good old moan at Birmingham City for charging 48 quid.

Many Regards

Knowlesy

General Krulak here:

1. Richard: "less" than what? I notice he didn't indicate a number. I think this is a specious comment from you...Randy has spent on players...NO ONE can fault him for his wallet.

2. Fran Villa: Huh?? I have no idea what your first two comments mean.

3. imavillan: Please apologize to your wife for me. I will attempt to sort this out this week. Please give me feed back after the next game to see if it got sorted.

4. Limpdk and Razor: I would ask you both to call Nicky Keye and see what she can do to help. Talk to HER personally.

i mean,has there been fighting between our manager and players to cause such a massive slump in form??..

General Krulak here:

1. Richard: "less" than what? I notice he didn't indicate a number. I think this is a specious comment from you...Randy has spent on players...NO ONE can fault him for his wallet..

General, no specious comment at all. The quote from Randy was along the lines of "the plan was always to spend less in year four than year three". So my question to you, with regards to spend on players is the amlunt we spent last summer going to be as good as it gets for Villa or will we return to those levels again at some point in the future?

I understand the logic of "the plan was always to spend less in year four than year three" if we had kept the nucleus of our team together, but having lost Gareth Barry and the unfortunate Martin Laursen, two guaranteed first 11 players, surely this "plan" has been blown out of the water?

Are we sticking to a pre-arranged budget set in steadier times and paying the price now?