General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General Krulak here:

1. There has been a good deal of discussion re. a Villa TV channel. We have not taken that step at this time for a number of reasons...the economy being the biggest. We need to concentrate on ensuring that our money goes for the most important things....players, etc.

2. If they made a movie of my life ( a sorry subject), they would probably get the lad who played Frodo Baggins to play the part. :D

Regarding a film about the General, I was watching "The Heroes of Telemark" around Christmas and I thought that at times, the main character, played by Kirk Douglas looks quite a bit like the General...

200px-Charles_C._Krulak.jpg

heroestelemarkportlc.jpg

That was the best picture I could find, if you watch the film, you'll see what I mean!

Dear Kirk Douglas,

I've just received my family's ST renewal pack. I don't know if you're familiar with the 'Action Villa' theme which gives everyone their own website with personalised Villa wallpapers to download. I do know that you get lot's of negative comments over the Villa website and that there was a personnel change because of this. After reviewing the 'Action Villa' stuff my family, especially my lad, are very impressed. Plenty more to do on the official site, no doubt, but a very good start in my opinion. Hopefully you will be able to pass positive comments on!

Dear General,

I am curious to know whether you have any plans for the PA system at Villa Park? Some other fans on here have said it is too noisey and not clear enough. It would be really great if they turned it off before kick off to help the fans get some chants going. We are the 12th man, but the 12th man gets washed away in the PA noise before games. I wonder if this is part of the reason behind why we tend to fall 1-0 behind at home?

Keep up the good work General

Dear Kirk Douglas,

I've just received my family's ST renewal pack. I don't know if you're familiar with the 'Action Villa' theme which gives everyone their own website with personalised Villa wallpapers to download. I do know that you get lot's of negative comments over the Villa website and that there was a personnel change because of this. After reviewing the 'Action Villa' stuff my family, especially my lad, are very impressed. Plenty more to do on the official site, no doubt, but a very good start in my opinion. Hopefully you will be able to pass positive comments on!

That's the good side.

The bad side is that on my mac, when trying to log-in to look at season ticket renewal it repeatedly says

"Error

An unknown error has occurred. Please press continue to return to the ticket hub.

Which sort of puts the mockers on renewing easily via the OS.

Work in progress methinks.

That's the good side.

The bad side is that on my mac, when trying to log-in to look at season ticket renewal it repeatedly says "ErrorAn unknown error has occurred. Please press continue to return to the ticket hub.

Which sort of puts the mockers on renewing easily via the OS.

Work in progress methinks.

I was aware that things are far from perfect on the OS, hence my comments:

I do know that you get lot's of negative comments over the Villa website and that there was a personnel change because of this. Plenty more to do on the official site, no doubt

I just thought 'credit where credit is due'.

General Krulak here:

1. Thesufferingvilla: I showed that to my wife and she is still rolling on the floor laughing!!!!!! I confess, the only thing that saved me was no picture of the hairy feet.

2. PA System: I think I have mentioned this before but maybe on a different thread. We know we have a major problem with the PA System. We wanted to fix it last summer and intended to do so but the problem turned out to be far bigger than we initially thought. Like many things at Villa Park, it was let to deteriorate over time. The "fix" was going to cost well over a million pounds and so we needed to postpone for a while. We did exchange amplifiers, etc. but not the entire system. I have passed on the recommendation to lower the volumn and keep it down during intro, etc.

3. I agree, I think the web site is getting better. We have a new man running it and he WILL get it fixed!!!

Hi General

I've got two friends coming with me to the Everton game, for their first ever match. I know it's a bit cheeky but is it at all possible to be put on the 'list' for the Holte Hotel for that match.

I haven't been fortunate enough to be picked out of the hat yet but have been in there a couple of times during the week and would really love to show it off to them before they experience the passion of the Holte End in what will be a very important game.

Thanks for your time.

General, if you were in the trenches and just about to blow the whistle to lead the troops over the top, you wouldn't want too many Villa Talk posters behind you! Poor show from a number of posters today. UP THE VILLA.!!!! Bring on Liverpool!!!!

Hi General,

There's a lot of unhappy peeps around at the moment but everyone is still behind Randy and MON. I think the frustration comes from a lack of investment in January (we've been there before - leading the table half way through, don't invest and finish 7th). I don't think we will get top 4 this season, but if MON can seriously invest again in the summer and build a much bigger squad, then who knows...keep up the great work!

Hi General, I am deeply ashamed of the reaction of a lot of Villa fans at VP today, I was stunned into amazement by some things I heard (booing of gabby) and saw (nazi salutes towards spurs fans)

however I do have faith and hope for the future