General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

Just a quick shout to voice my appreciation with the staff in the ticket office today. I spoke with a guy called Bromley who couldn't have been more helpful and courteous, made sure he apologised for the delays in getting through (too many people ringing up to try and buy Cup Final tickets would you believe!) and sorted me out a treat with tickets for this Saturday.

I remember a year or two into the Abramovic revolution at Chelsea that I noticed how much of a service ethos they had adopted and it's great to see the same holding true at Villa these days.

I'm now looking forward to taking my wee nephew to the game this Saturday - hoping for a victory to make up for the loss I took him too against Liverpool!

Many thanks as ever for all the hard work everyone puts in at The Villa.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gen

All I am going to say is thanks to the off field staff for allowing us fans to enjoy it last night.

It would have been easy to been heavy handed with people on the pitch - but it was allowed.

Because it was allowed, everyone behaved, and because we all behaved - it was - well , bloody marvellous !

Cheers

Hi General,

What a game and what a night, can't wait to get to Wembley and can't wait to hear us belting out Martin O'Neill's name and I'm sure there will be a few chants for the great man Mr Lerner.

I wondered, did he hear the fans singing his name after the final whistle? I hope he did because it was sung with real passion and heart felt thanks for a man we hear little from but simply love.

I know Martin O'Neill and the players made this happen but every single one of us knows without Mr Lerner none of this would have happened. I really hope that he heard us.

Hi General,

I wondered, did he hear the fans singing his name after the final whistle? I hope he did because it was sung with real passion and heart felt thanks for a man we hear little from but simply love.

every single one of us knows without Mr Lerner none of this would have happened. I really hope that he heard us.

General this echoes the feeling of quite a few of us last night - did he hear it ?

What a game and what a night General!

I am so proud to be a Villa fan. Everyone is ecstatic and wishing away the next 5 weeks it seems.

Can you please say thank you to Randy, Martin and all the players, coaching staff etc. They have given us the best start to a New Year we could have wished for.

I would also like to add weight to the comments from Paulanddonya regarding the handling of the fans on the pitch. It was nice to see the stewards behave the way they did, especially after coming in for a lot of criticism this season. I think that added to what is a very memorable night for Aston Villa supporters who attended that unbelievable game.

Bring on the Mancs General, we can take out anybody these days!

Now for my question.

I would like to know if Martin and his coaching staff have been reading the Brazilian coaching manual, given their "you score 4 and we'll score 6" style of football? Personally, I am all for it and look forward to seeing Milnero 8 on the back of Jimmy's shirt! :D

Hi General

My mobile phone provider is O2. No-one with O2 can use their phones at Villa park. I can't text, call or go online to check the latest scores. I came out after the blackburn game and had 10-15 texts come through (they tend to come through once you get about a mile away from the ground) including people asking me to ring them so they could hear the atmosphere.

I know its not AVFCs responsibility but perhaps if someone high up like yourself nagged them they might put up a new mast or something :nod: It must be in your interests that fans around the ground should be able to communicate with each other in the event of people getting split up from their mates who have the tickets etc etc

As I said, long shot but that is the situation.

Cheers

Hi General

My mobile phone provider is O2. No-one with O2 can use their phones at Villa park. I can't text, call or go online to check the latest scores. I came out after the blackburn game and had 10-15 texts come through (they tend to come through once you get about a mile away from the ground) including people asking me to ring them so they could hear the atmosphere.

I know its not AVFCs responsibility but perhaps if someone high up like yourself nagged them they might put up a new mast or something :nod: It must be in your interests that fans around the ground should be able to communicate with each other in the event of people getting split up from their mates who have the tickets etc etc

Cheers

I don't think this is Villa specific mate, my phone (with O2) ceases to work once I enter any football ground.....did it at Ewood Park last week too so probably not a lot can be done.

Kind of ironic that O2 stops working at football matches when they used to sponsor Arsenal......

Interesting, the thing is whilst it could be argued its nothing to do with Villa, its like to transport around the ground. The buses and trains aren't run by Villa but the club have done their utmost to ensure there is adequate travel to and from matches provided by the authorities. If there was a way they could do it with communications (I don't know, I'm not an expert) then it'd be nice. Perhaps just a nagging phonecall as they don't listen to the little people like myself.

Hi General

Cheers

Alternatively General could we have access to the Wifi system at the ground maybe if your a season ticker holder?

Rather pissed off General, according to official site tickets for tomorrow are on general sale..... not that means you are selling them I take it!

But try and book some and it won't allow you unless you have a booking history, I don't for good reason, but presumably when I have purchased rather expensive seats with a meal directly with sales it seems not to recognise it on the system as a booking history?

I hope I can sort it tomorrow otherwise two less will be able to attend!

Having wifi access would be good for those of us who have phones that can access the web so we can keep track of the scores in other matches. I'd happily pay a nominal fee for the service, although it would be good if the club simply arranged to have masts from the mobile firms somewhere in the ground.

Hi General

Cheers

I don't think this is Villa specific mate, my phone (with O2) ceases to work once I enter any football ground.....did it at Ewood Park last week too so probably not a lot can be done.

Kind of ironic that O2 stops working at football matches when they used to sponsor Arsenal......

I find these two posts very strange. I'm an O2 customer and have never had any problems with reception at Villa Park, indeed I had my phone out fairly regularly on Wednesday night.

Just wanted to say,

WOW . My pie today was literally the best thing I've ever eaten. It seems to have doubled in size and the chicken has got bigger and better, the sauce is still the fantastic same and the pasty soft and perfectly cooked.

Just wanted to say thank you to whoever was on the pie improvement board this time, they're seriously immense, they deserve there own parade around the bull ring.

Hi General.

The cheaper tickets worked a treat today with about 40k fans in attendance (biggest home attendance this weekend I think in the cup)

That sensible approach from the club meant many fans who wouldn't have been able to afford it could see the team again.

So well done Villa :cheers: