General Krulak (part 2) and *STILL NO TRANSFER QUESTIONS*

LancsVillan

Hi General,

I'm a non season ticket holder and have been to 6 games so far this season, with my 7th booked before the semi final second leg. Could you possibly clarify what the 'priority sale' after the ST holders have bought their tickets is, please? I'm obviously not getting my hopes up for a ticket, because I understand there will be lots of people wanting them, but I would appreciate if you could give some indication of what this priority sale is and who they will be going to. I don't want to be wasting me time trying to get a ticket if I haven't got a chance.

Kind regards.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi General,

I'm a non season ticket holder and have been to 6 games so far this season, with my 7th booked before the semi final second leg. Could you possibly clarify what the 'priority sale' after the ST holders have bought their tickets is, please? I'm obviously not getting my hopes up for a ticket, because I understand there will be lots of people wanting them, but I would appreciate if you could give some indication of what this priority sale is and who they will be going to. I don't want to be wasting me time trying to get a ticket if I haven't got a chance.

Kind regards.

I would also like to know, I know I probably haven't got a chance but would like to know what the booking history will be so I can make other plans if I am unlikely to get a ticket.

Thanks.

general,

ive spoke to the ticket office this evening and have being told be wont be able to pick where we want to sit at wembley. i was told you pick your price band and they will allocate you anywhere in that area. now having to stump the cash upfront i think its bad how you cant even choose wheather you want seats behind the goal or upper/lower tier. is there somethink we can do about this.

Hello General.

Just reporting back my experience from the match against Brighton on Saturday, in case you can use anything from it. It was a case of 2 completely different experiences from 2 different areas of AVFC.

Firstly, tickets: I managed to forget my tickets on the way to the ground and after finding out from someone in the Ticket Office at VV that I needed to go to the Holte TO I asked if they could re-print them. They did so easily and willingly just from my client reference. They even allowed the guy in front of me to sign in to his hotmail account on their computer to get details of the tickets which I thought was above and beyond. Very impressive.

Secondly, catering: I was in the upper Trinity, block A1 and left 3 minutes before half-time to try to get a Balti Pie and other refreshments. I was halfway down the queue by the time the 2nd half kicked off. I managed to miss Ashley Young's goal and then when I reached the counter most of the food was gone. Surely the amount of people who want to get served vastly exceeds the capacity of the catering stalls as they currently are, and having half as much food as required amounts to lots of lost revenue? Hope you can push to get this sorted, I don't want to have to start queuing 10 mins before half-time just to be able to catch the start of the 2nd half.

Thanks for reading.

General, great news that you might supply coaches to Wembley, another sign of the great work this club is doing. I already live in London, not too far away from Wembley really, so maybe you lot could sort the tube out for me? ;)

What I really want to know is the name of the youth Director at Bodymoor. A mate of mine has a son who is running rings around 5/6 year olds and he is only 3 at the moment. Would be great if he could send a video into the academy.

General, great news that you might supply coaches to Wembley, another sign of the great work this club is doing. I already live in London, not too far away from Wembley really, so maybe you lot could sort the tube out for me? ;)

What I really want to know is the name of the youth Director at Bodymoor. A mate of mine has a son who is running rings around 5/6 year olds and he is only 3 at the moment. Would be great if he could send a video into the academy.

3? Come on, let the kid live!

Hi General,

With regards to allocating tickets to season tickets holders can I suggest that the very small number of lower tier tickets at Cat 3 (first few rows) are left for the fans with booking history. This will make sure all season ticket holders picking this catergory know they will be in the upper tier which from my experinece at England games I can vouch all have brilliant views.

3? Come on, let the kid live!

He has been a season ticket holder for 2 years already and lives and breathes Villa. When you hear the kid talk football he clearly loves it already, if he has something maybe he will want it!

general i just wanted to say what a pleasure it is buying tickets to the final this time around, its nice to know that we can book online, get tickets together and not have to take time off work and queue over night like we have had to do in the past. I'm sure if all those complaining about not being able to pick the view they want wouldn't if they had experienced this in the past. Well done villa for giving me peace of mind.

It would however be great for villa to let non season ticket holders know what their chances areof getting a ticket because as a season ticket holder i am no better a fan than them who wish they could just get a ticket let alone pick their view

Gen

I will be at Wembley so it makes no odds to me.

However, I concur with everyone on here, if you don't have a big screen on the pitch you are missing a massive opportunity.

About 6 or 7 yrs ago, Villa beamed back Albion away to Villa Park. It was placed on the halfway line facing the Trinity. I don't know exactly how many were there but I would estimate it was about 2000- maybe more.

And that was for a league game against Albion.

If you open up the bars, I would imagine you would get about 5k for the cup final at least. I know I would rather sample a "real" atmosphere at Villa Park rather than sitting in front of a telly with about 5 others.

The holte Suite is great, but people will just go to their local pub - it will be exactly the same and they can drink as they don't need to drive.

Offer something different and people will come.

PS

Not a lot can be done now, but I agree about not being able to pick even a rough area. I am going for £70 tickets as I want to be about half way up. If I get my ticket and I am row A by the corner flag I won't be very happy. And, I am now worried that as i will be getting mine 9am on Wednesday that is what will happen (the tickets will be started at Row A , Seat 1) I would have thought a box asking you to put a preference in would have been a good idea. I know you cannot be exact, but if I booked tickets to see U2 at Wembley Stadium - you can choose seating and that is even harder to organise as you can buy those tickets from loads of different agencies and a lot of concerts sell out in minutes - so it must be possible.

Hi General,

With regards to allocating tickets to season tickets holders can I suggest that the very small number of lower tier tickets at Cat 3 (first few rows) are left for the fans with booking history. This will make sure all season ticket holders picking this catergory know they will be in the upper tier which from my experinece at England games I can vouch all have brilliant views.

Surely that's not fair? As a season ticket holder I want to pick seats and not be told they are being held back for booking history...sorry but if you want to go to Wembley that bad you should have bought a season ticket or a half season ticket, one of the reasons I continue to renew my ticket is incase of reaching a final as it is clearly stated at the beginning of the renewal process we will get priority over those who don't buy a season ticket. For my money and those who I am buying tickets with (I am buying ten), the majority want the lower seats in the £54 category...there is also a category for £54 on the side so we could end up there.

Gen just been on the OS buy tickets to get used to it for wednesdays big showdown, Had a play about with wigan and fulham away games and it just gives you areas 1-6 to pick from... probably will do the same for the cup final tickets so what we need to establish is where areas 1-2-3-4-5-6 are actually situated!.. Dose anybody no this?.. Maybe the club should put somthing on the OS about the where abouts of blocks 1-6... cheers...

Hi General

Delighted we've been given the "home" end at Wembley. Do you know whether this means the team will have the use of the "home" dressing room and will wear the full home kit (ie with white shorts)? More of an issue if it's United rather than City of course. I'm aware that officials of all four semi-finalists went down to Wembley before the semis were played, so wondered if these things were all decided in advance.

General Krulak here:

1. I am sorry that so many people have a problem with Wembley seating, etc. We are not in control of seating at Wembley. My sense is that pretty much all the seating is good at that stadium but I have never been there so I can't know for sure. Bottom Line: I would just be happy to have a ticket and be there...I am not sure I will.

2. Not sure whether we will be with home kit or not. I believe we will but can't say for sure.

General Krulak here:

1. I am sorry that so many people have a problem with Wembley seating, etc. We are not in control of seating at Wembley. My sense is that pretty much all the seating is good at that stadium but I have never been there so I can't know for sure. Bottom Line: I would just be happy to have a ticket and be there...I am not sure I will.

I think the majority of people are just not sure how it all works at the new Wembley as we've not been to a final for a decade.

There's plenty who'd like a ticket and won't be able to get one. Of course there's an area where I'd prefer to sit but as long as I'm there I'll be delighted.

Very sorry to hear you might not make it General. Still no news on when you can fly yet?

One thing I don't think you've answered is did Randy hear the fans on the pitch and in the Holte End sing "One Randy Lerner" after the semi-final?

I know he's not one for adulation but it was spontaneous and heartfelt.

I hope you can make the final General. If not maybe the FA Cup semi's or final ...... if we make that stage.