Running

trimandson

Nah, the stomach had settled down OK. Just lack of fitness telling, really - I was being overtaken all the way back on the return leg, which is the opposite of what I'd normally expect. Glad I did it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda nervous because I am signing up for a half marathon on December 18th. *I think* I've never gone farther than 9 miles. Granted when I was finishing the 9 miles I felt like I could have easily run another 5k or so. But that was also the only time I have ever experienced runners high. My body may have been tricking me at that point. Just a bit worried about the entire thing.

Kinda nervous because I am signing up for a half marathon on December 18th. *I think* I've never gone farther than 9 miles. Granted when I was finishing the 9 miles I felt like I could have easily run another 5k or so. But that was also the only time I have ever experienced runners high. My body may have been tricking me at that point. Just a bit worried about the entire thing.
No problem. Just work up your endurance in the same way you did to get to 9-mile fitness and you'll be fine.

A full marathon takes special planning, but a half is really no biggie to an experienced runner like yourself.

Having said that, you've only got three weeks, so get on it now!

No problem. Just work up your endurance in the same way you did to get to 9-mile fitness and you'll be fine.

A full marathon takes special planning, but a half is really no biggie to an experienced runner like yourself.

Having said that, you've only got three weeks, so get on it now!

I have been! 6 Days a week for the last 4 weeks. I'm keeping up with it. :)

• 1 month later...
New Year; New targets.

Mine; run injury free, and try to get under 20 for 5KM

That used to be my target. Probably not realistic now, what with age and increasing frequency of minor injuries (currently an annoying case of plantar fasciitis). I think I got it down to 20:38.

You never know, though.

Starting again this week (after a few months off) and am dreading/looking forward to it in equal measures :)
Yeah, I've had a couple of months off, and did my first run (less than 2 miles) on Saturday, and it was bloody hard going. Then did slightly over 2 on Sunday, and it felt a bit better. Just walking today, then probably 2 to 3 miles tomorrow. New orthotics in the day shoes to try and sort out the heel problem. So it goes.

Can't believe I forgot to post it on here but *for me I killed my half marathon! I did it in just under 2 and a half hours. It might be slow to some of you but my goal was 13 minute miles and i did it in 11.48 minute miles. I was super mega happy.

Can't believe I forgot to post it on here but *for me I killed my half marathon! I did it in just under 2 and a half hours. It might be slow to some of you but my goal was 13 minute miles and i did it in 11.48 minute miles. I was super mega happy.
Excellent work Jaime, well done.

Considering a 26.2 now? :)

I got bored the other night and went out for a run.. I did a 4 mile run and was absolutely buzzing. I've only ever run upto half an hour on a treadmill, but this was 14% inclines and drops and all sorts (around Cradley area to Halesowen College).

I weigh about 13.5 stone so I didnt think I had it in me.

My body hurts, although not as much as I thought it would. So yea, pretty happy, fancy doing it again soon :thumb:

Oh, it took me 46 mins too lol. Don't know if thats good or bad.

I got bored the other night and went out for a run.. I did a 4 mile run and was absolutely buzzing. I've only ever run upto half an hour on a treadmill, but this was 14% inclines and drops and all sorts (around Cradley area to Halesowen College).

I weigh about 13.5 stone so I didnt think I had it in me.

My body hurts, although not as much as I thought it would. So yea, pretty happy, fancy doing it again soon :thumb:

Oh, it took me 46 mins too lol. Don't know if thats good or bad.

no such thing as a bad run mate

Excellent!

Well done :D

I haven't run in ages. Been exercising a lot, but not running. Might enter the Leamington 10k in April and get back into it

I've been running just over 9 months reguarly now - covering about 50km a week . Until my last 4 runs I've had no injury problems at all. However, now after around 2 miles, I get a dull pain on the outside of my left knee which gets so bad I have to stop running.

Looking at sites on the net, it looks like I have iliotibial band syndrome :( Is it worth a trip to the docs over this, and does anybody have any tips for stretching / removing the tightness? Is it safe to run through as I really don't want to stop running.

I've been running just over 9 months reguarly now - covering about 50km a week . Until my last 4 runs I've had no injury problems at all. However, now after around 2 miles, I get a dull pain on the outside of my left knee which gets so bad I have to stop running.

Looking at sites on the net, it looks like I have iliotibial band syndrome :( Is it worth a trip to the docs over this, and does anybody have any tips for stretching / removing the tightness? Is it safe to run through as I really don't want to stop running.

I used to have a very similar problem. It's a really uncomfortable pain? Feels like somethign just "isn't right"

I went to the docs who suggested my knee cap might be slipping so sent me for physio.

Physio just said it was somethign to do with the muscle not being stretched properly and rubbing against somethign or other.

Point is, he gave me some specific stretches to do, especially before exercise, and it pretty much cleared it up.

Morale of the story, pop into the docs and get referred to a physio. They should sort you out.

Â