Running

trimandson

I've not had a problem with MapMyWalk... I suspect that the same company's MapMyRun works just as well.

The web site used to be slow to the point of unusable. Now the beta site works very well. I'll be trying the app again now.

Right, I've had it up to here with this plantar fasciitis. I've seen the physios, I've tried all the other remedies, none of them has worked, and I haven't been able to run for nine months.

Off to the GP tomorrow to request a corticosteroid injection. I believe they hurt like ****, but anything that will get me running again has to be worth it.

Ran the womens mini marathon 10 KM in Dublin last Monday. Did it in hr and 7 minutes which means I can run with the fast joggers next year. I would have been quicker but was stuck behind all the fat **** of Ireland so it was nearly 3 KM before I started to run properly.

Currently running 9 mile every other day , walking the same distance the next day all over hilly terrain , next 10 KM in August. Never thought I would enjoy running but I seriously love it

Ran the womens mini marathon 10 KM in Dublin last Monday. Did it in hr and 7 minutes which means I can run with the fast joggers next year. I would have been quicker but was stuck behind all the fat **** of Ireland so it was nearly 3 KM before I started to run properly.

Currently running 9 mile every other day , walking the same distance the next day all over hilly terrain , next 10 KM in August. Never thought I would enjoy running but I seriously love it

:thumb: Good work. Get another 10K entered and smash lumps out of that PB.

That's pretty **** impressive Wendy. Well done :thumb:

Thanks lads :D Was well pissed off though last week , had loads of heffers who couldnt run for last orders in with the joggers & slowed me right down . At one point I was running next to a young girl in her 20s . I looked at her n said " What's it like to get bet by a 48 year old ? " Took off n left her behind, was great :clap:

I've signed up for the half marathon in Birmingham in October and I've got no experience of running. I'm 23 and in ok shape. I've got all the gear (decent running shoes, garmin forerunner, baselayers, running socks) but struggling to run far. I've done 2 miles 3 times in the last 2 weeks. What should I am to do? 2 runs a week? I've gotta be realistic.

Also noticing I feel pain down the back of my leg towards the heel and that slows me down a lot more than fatigue!

HELP lol

Also noticing I feel pain down the back of my leg towards the heel and that slows me down a lot more than fatigue!
Sounds like achilles tendonitis. Can be hard to shake off. Google it for more info.

I've signed up for the half marathon in Birmingham in October and I've got no experience of running. I'm 23 and in ok shape. I've got all the gear (decent running shoes, garmin forerunner, baselayers, running socks) but struggling to run far. I've done 2 miles 3 times in the last 2 weeks. What should I am to do? 2 runs a week? I've gotta be realistic.

HELP lol

With the pain down the back of the leg make sure you're stretching properly before you go out on the run. Simple advice but I never used to and now it's like a religion for me.

I did the Great Midlands Fun Run on Sunday, knocked 7 mins off my

PB to do it in 80mins. And I'm a fat **** so was delighted. Only problem now is I have terrible pain on the outside of my left foot - is it just bruising or could it be a fracture??

I get Achilles Tendonitis a fair bit and it really zaps your energy.

Not sure on the cause of mine, it may be my old running shoes, or it may be the very flat Nike astro boots I play football in twice a week.

Either way, it's always because your gait isn't right. Either through weakening your arches and making you overpronate due to over-supportive footwear, or just general low arches with inadequate support. Make sure you get some real runners' footwear as you tend to find the larger brands such as Nike, Adidas etc are just glorified leisure shoes. Stick to things like Asics, Saucony etc. (get a copy of Runner's World for others) with lots of support for overpronators and you should find it'll go away.

are you meant to 'tip toe' when running?

My heel rarely hits the floor because I find it helps me bounce more, making the run easier. The only challenge is getting to the point where you don't feel the need to put the heel down because your shits hurt because your muscles are weak.

are you meant to 'tip toe' when running?

My heel rarely hits the floor because I find it helps me bounce more, making the run easier. The only challenge is getting to the point where you don't feel the need to put the heel down because your shits hurt because your muscles are weak.

You're in the wrong thread.

Have you thought about those weird trainers with individual toes? Apparently they stop you running on your heel.
And make you look like a t w a t.

• 1 month later...

I am having a really annoying problem. My left foot goes completely numb after I have run a couple of mile. I have brought new running trainers , have the laces so loose that my shoe nearly falls off & wear thin socks. This is really pissing me off now. Any ideas how I can get this to stop

Â