Match Thread: Olympiacos v Villa

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve played well, it’s just not our tie on top of the fact we’re the walking wounded right now.

They have given us possession chap. If that's playing well, I'm proper worried for the rest of the season. 

What has happened to this team? The last 4 games we just look clueless. Dopey defensively and brainless going forward with the wrong pass time and time again. Injuries explain no depth but we’ve still got 11 senior pros out there. Three defeats on the bounce if we lose this, I’m not sure when that last happened under Unai.

They need to get a grip because we could feasibly end the season with 5 defeats on the bounce which would be such a comedown on a very good season.

• Like 2

Just now, birdman said:

Yeah physically not looking too bad but mentally must be tough when nothing you try works. Lack of confidence, second guessing passes etc.

A goal early in the half would give them a huge lift. 

Not sure we have three goals in us for the rest of the season, never mind in the next 45 minutes. We'd started ok but would need a miracle now.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

We’ve played well, it’s just not our tie on top of the fact we’re the walking wounded right now.

You're out of your mind if you think we've played well tonight.

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

It's a tough ask let's be real. Emery is great, but 3 goals in 45min away from home in a high stakes match like this with a ref that seems a little dodgy?

How has the ref been dodgy?

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I agree.

At bare minimum they've been coached and set up brilliantly. They have **** our tactics now for 135+ mins of football and we have little to no response. 

We're arrogant to think they're shit.

It's an unfair knock on us too, same as Lille, it is possible that some teams in European quarter finals and semi finals also have decent coaches and players... 

There's plenty to be annoyed about but just labelling olympiacos as shit is lazy 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We HAVE to take Cash off, Put DURAN on for 2 up top and ensure Bailey is out right.

Everything is breaking down with Cash. It's shit or bust now.  Has to be attack attack attack 

Don’t disagree with Duran Sid but for me it would be Diego or Diaby. Probably Diego and put Cash & Konsa back to their best positions.

Keep going and we must get a break soon, nothing fell our way yet!

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The yellow was daft, and he has been caught napping on his heels but so have others..... He can do better but some ridiculous comments made about him

Tbf it was a silly ball to him from Digne in a very tight position on the line, he got blocked off and wrestled the player over rather than let him escape with the ball. Cynical yes, daft, I don't think he had much choice tbh.

Just now, smg said:

How has the ref been dodgy?

Not enforcing their wall for the free kick. Missing corners. He’s not without fault. 

• Haha 1

That goal is dreadful, the right side do nothing, Torres has no idea where his man is, and Digne may as well be in the changing room having a wank

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's playing well...go and support someone else if you're gonna be this fickle and needlessly insulting.

😂

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So far in this tie:

• Aston Villa 28 attempts on goal - 2 goals
  • Olympiacos 11 attemps on goal - 5 goals.

They've just been ridiculously efficient.

We were really good in that half, completely dominated it, completely controlled it and still came out losing it 1-0.

I'm not sure what else we can do.

We just can’t break them down. Might not be such an issue if we weren’t awful in the first leg and also had some rotten luck. We lost it first leg. 

Just now, Wurzel said:

Not the best Villa team I've seen but I still stand with Chris

Chris gets Best Fan trophy 2024. Congrats Chris