Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 8 of 10

imavillan

In an apartment in Peurto Rico. Got sky sports on the tv. No idea if Villa are on as it's a Liverpool  convention. Off down  the road to "The Pub"  and leave Mt's T by the pool.  UTV

• Like 3

Just now, Pinebro said:

We are playing and all Sky is doing is talk about Liverpool 

If City, Arsenal, Pool etc. were in our position the race for 4th place is all we'd be hearing about

• Like 1

If I have one criticism of Olsen above all else, and I think it's why it seems the defence are nervous when he is goal, is that he is far too quick on releasing the ball thus giving the impression of wanting to please and nervousness. It killed us on Thursday when we needed to calm the play down. He needs to take his time on the ball and calm things down today.

Would take a draw now. We concede 2/3 when Olsen plays. It’s going to be tough to get more than a draw in those circumstances. This could end up 4-4!

1 minute ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Can someone let me know when the Sky Plop circle wank is finished and they start talking about villa please

I just changed channel to see if they had different build up on there but no, it's the same.  Here we go, 2 minute montage and adverts.

Our only options off the bench are Cash and Moreno and maybe Duran. 

Zaniolo seemingly injured again despite playing all of 10 minutes the other night. 

Just now, Leeroy said:

Our only options off the bench are Cash and Moreno and maybe Duran. 

Zaniolo seemingly injured again despite playing all of 10 minutes the other night. 

To come on, run around like a bull in a china shop and get booked?

Yeah we need that.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I just changed channel to see if they had different build up on there but no, it's the same.  Here we go, 2 minute montage and adverts.

Yep, and probably at least 2 more ad breaks before kick off. Bastards they are 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

That bench is really really weak!!

That starting 11 need to get the job done.

Been that way for weeks now really. 

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

To come on, run around like a bull in a china shop and get booked?

Yeah we need that.

Don't forget the bicycle kicks

5 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

Can someone let me know when the Sky Plop circle wank is finished and they start talking about villa please

I don't bother now as the pre match build up is always about other teams. 

Dreading who is on co commentary for the game on Sky. Probably Deeney or Goodman 🤣

I like the line up - the change over of the centre backs suggests he's thought hard about how he wants to approach this set of games and I think we've gone strong.

Win this one and we can focus everything on Thursday knowing the job is as good as done - the kids can play against Liverpool.

The bench shows how much we're missing people in front of the back four - Ramsey, Tielemans, Buendia and Kamara is a very good midfield and we're missing all of it.

Brighton are banged up but they'll be up for it and we'll need to play well, but I fancy us today.

• Like 4