Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 8 of 10

imavillan

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What the hell is that gold thing in front of him? 

Looks like the top of a Yerba Mate Bombilla (fancy straw).

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

No Martinez, no party.

Strong outfield XI, mind. Kamara aside, you could argue that’s our strongest XI. 

Shame they’re completely f******.

Nah. Well just out-score them

Posted (edited)

Olsen concede about 2 goals a game so we need to score 3 here minimum 

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 2

The lads should hopefully be up for it. A win today and a draw or loss for Spurs in the late game today will likely seal 4th place. The lads will know this. I just hope knowing this doesn't make them nervy as all ****. 

No Martinez sucks. 

We need a good start, and whatever we do we need to avoid being 2-0 up. 1-0 is fine, 2-0 is okay but only if we immediately score a third. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Attacking wise our bench is really weak as aside from Duran we have no one who can impact the game offensively. Given our injuries over the whole season then it is a miracle we can secure top 4 today.  We have over achieved all season though so we know we are capable of finishing the job today.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

We need a big performance from our back 4.  Need to keep the shots against low! 

Ollie is due a few goals, would be great to get the CL done today so we can focus totally on Thursday. 

Plenty in that lineup to get the win. I think we'll see a response here and a good performance.

Shame Tielemans is still out - could really use him for Thursday.

3-1 win, Dougie amongst the goals and MOTM. Come on the Villa

I think we're going to blow them away and the crowd will be vicious with De Zerbi.

They've barely been scoring so if we can get 2+ goals, that'll be that.

Jinxed it now. Sorry.

• Haha 1

Hmmm 🤔 

Disappointed that Emi isn't starting. Defence looks OK, but we really need to address the gaps in Midfield. Against Olympiacos it was almost a 4 2 ---- 2 2 we need the likes of Rogers to get closer to McGinn and Dougie otherwise we'll be overran. 

• Like 2

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Hmmm 🤔 

Disappointed that Emi isn't starting. Defence looks OK, but we really need to address the gaps in Midfield. Against Olympiacos it was almost a 4 2 ---- 2 2 we need the likes of Rogers to get closer to McGinn and Dougie otherwise we'll be overran. 

While Rogers has been great, I think where he lacks compared to Ramsey is his intelligence and work rate defensively. Hopefully that's addressed so we don't look as flimsy in midfield as against Olympiakos

• Like 1