Pre-match thread - not a cup final!

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

130am and I can't sleep, in my time as a Villa fan we have made 2 FA cup finals and 2 league cup finals yet this match feels like the biggest one for me in my time.

Maybe because we are the favourites and that winning this competition is a real possibility, maybe because it's European trophy and despite this being the 3rd tier in Europe it holds some allure to me...

Whatever the reason it doesn't look like I'm getting anymore sleep tonight. Please Villa put in a performance that makes all this worth it!

Uppa Brother!! Just get out of bed, crack a frosty and watch a few podcasts, old videos and get in the mood. Not much longer yewwww!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Uppa Brother!! Just get out of bed, crack a frosty and watch a few podcasts, old videos and get in the mood. Not much longer yewwww!!

Oh Ive been up for a couple of hours already, swapped a frothy for a coffee and I'm with you the rest of the way 😁 think I'm going to play some FM until kick off..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Just waiting for blosers to come along and state how they’d never let that happen on their watch. Not that they will ever play a European game again mind. 

Remember, any Olympiakos fans still in town on Saturday are invited to the Sty to watch Blues get relegated.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Nervous 

Yeah, this lot are decent by all accounts and will really want to play a final in Athens. The atmosphere at their place will be fierce to say the least, we're going to need at least a couple of goals advantage to take there and even then we'll probably need to score to get through. Very tough if you ask me, not beyond us by any means but we're going to have to be on it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

A nervy 30 nil win.

Robin Olsen to get 12 of them.

Tell me you've been drinking without telling me you've been drinking.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Are they a better team than Lille?

No, home leg no excuses for seeing them off. Anything can happen in the away leg though...

Their poor position in their league table is deceiving too because of managerial changes. The guy they've settled on now is good

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Are they a better team than Lille?

Along with Lille and Fiorentina I'd say the strongest sides in it after the groups, we'll have to beat all three to win it. One down, two to go.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Oh Ive been up for a couple of hours already, swapped a frothy for a coffee and I'm with you the rest of the way 😁 think I'm going to play some FM until kick off..

I’m about to leave work and head home, it’s belting over here good ol’ QLD weather.

Already have the Dumbo’s chilling at home lol 

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I’m about to leave work and head home, it’s belting over here good ol’ QLD weather.

Already have the Dumbo’s chilling at home lol 

My daughter has moved to Qld and since then I've to understand Qld weather.... Mental the majority of the time 😅

• Haha 1

Just now, Villan_of_oz said:

My daughter has moved to Qld and since then I've to understand Qld weather.... Mental the majority of the time 😅

Mental is an understatement. Lol

Im originally a Canberra boy so used to the cold so the heat then constant humidity and rain is unpredictable. First world problems 😛