Weekends Football 19/20 April

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

They just said in the studio that the FA have said Onana isn't going to missing the final, even though he got booked twice, as the rules are different... 🤣

FA frantically scrambled around for a napkin to write that new rule on.

• Haha 1

Just now, switters said:

FA frantically scrambled around for a napkin to write that new rule on.

You know, when I heard it I was like, eh? Since when, must be a new rule... now I know 🤣🤣 

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Who've now decided that yellow cards don't have the same impact as they do in Europe.

You understand that the FA Cup and the Europa Conference League are competitions overseen by completely differently organisations that have their separate rules agreed and published at the start of the season, yeah?

• Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

You understand that the FA Cup and the Europa Conference League are competitions overseen by completely differently organisations that have their separate rules agreed and published at the start of the season, yeah?

I do. Thanks for checking.

Now please go ahead - make your reasoned defence for a player receiving 2 yellow cards in the same round of a knock-out tournament and not being suspended in the next round.

I'll wait.

Just now, est1874 said:

Now please go ahead - make your reasoned defence for a player receiving 2 yellow cards in the same round of a knock-out tournament and not being suspended in the next round.

I'll wait.

Are you arguing that the rules weren't correctly applied, or that the rule is a poor one which should be rewritten? Because neither are really what you originally said.

FWIW, I think the rule is quite a poor one and 2 bookings in a game should probably get you banned even if one was in the shootout, but the rule does seem to have been correctly applied

And the application is irrelevant to our similar suspension for Martinez, not only because it's a different organisation's tournament, but because he wasn't banned for 2 yellows, he was banned for 3 yellows before the amnesty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Are you arguing that the rules weren't correctly applied, or that the rule is a poor one which should be rewritten? Because neither are really what you originally said.

Well it is a farce that with 2 similar situations, one player is not suspended, the other is. To have completely different rulings really does make no sense. Yes different governing bodies but the rules should be the same for suspensions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Both. I just phrased it differently to how you did :)

Now care to answer my question or will you just respond with further questions because you know the FA resolution is indefensible?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

FWIW, I think the rule is quite a poor one and 2 bookings in a game should probably get you banned even if one was in the shootout, but the rule does seem to have been correctly applied

And the application is irrelevant to our similar suspension for Martinez, not only because it's a different organisation's tournament, but because he wasn't banned for 2 yellows, he was banned for 3 yellows before the amnesty.

I was replying as you replied :)

Think it's silly, but correct.

It does seem like some glitch in the matrix that we've got these little known penalty shootout specific rules around yellow cards that nobody has ever heard of, then we get two similar cases in 3 days. I'd literally never heard of this happening before Thursday

Edited by Davkaus

And these guys, with their 1.2 billion pound squad, finishing bottom of their CL group, and finishing out of European places in the league, will still be allowed to spend more than us this summer by, like, a factor of 5.

• Like 1

Man Utd rightly embarrassed and look woeful - confidence will have taken a right hit.

Meanwhile, Coventry get to experience Wembley heartache on penalties for the second season in a row.

That’s a win/win pals. 😎

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Man Utd rightly embarrassed and look woeful - confidence will have taken a right hit.

Meanwhile, Coventry get to experience Wembley heartache on penalties for the second season in a row.

That’s a win/win pals. 😎

So you're saying it's a good day tomorrow to listen to Phone in.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I'll wait.

Complete guess here... Because the next round is the final, a few competitions have scrapped the 2 yellow cards means a suspension for the final, you only get suspended for a red card, I'm sure that's a thing in the CL and world cup now 

Edited by villa4europe

Well, in a matter of seconds it went from fans looking forward to an interesting cup final for a change, to not giving a shit. Again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, turnbull said:

Well, in a matter of seconds it went from fans looking forward to an interesting cup final for a change, to not giving a shit. Again.

Is the truth of it

They can **** about with replays, days it's played on, kick off times, when they do they draw etc etc but when the final is 2 teams that it's hard to give a **** about it all falls apart anyway

And for me personally that's the FA Cup 9 years out of 10

• Like 1

So today alone we have had:

Villa win their second game in hand taking 6 points from them and really putting the pressure on Spuds

Man Utd 3-0 up and blowing it in the last 20 minutes

Coventry scoring in stoppage time of extra time and having it ruled out because the Cov player forgot to cut his toenails before the match

Nottingham Forest going nuclear against VAR

The ghost of Enckleman returns to Blackburn to concede a farcical goal which could lead to being one of the final nails in the coffin for the blues

Its been a pretty eventful day.

• Haha 1

Â