Weekends Football 19/20 April

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I hope City beat them 10-0

Yeah I hope Man City destroy them and Fernandes gets sent off. 

he makes Martinez look like Milner on sporting decorum 

How, just how did we gift this ragtag lot of Representatives for North East Somerset 6 points!? We'd be on a title charge with those points. They really are the "big 6" turd that won't flush.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

F**k VAR, absolutely detest it, a moment like that in a semi final ruled out for a minor infraction that had no bearing on the ultimate outcome. The jubilation and the emotions those Cov fans will have experienced should have been something to remember for all the right reasons, now it will only be remembered for the wrong reasons, clinical accuracy isn’t football, emotion and the eruption of those emotions is what football is about, and VAR kills it.

100% agree, it takes away so much. Most the time now a goal goes in and you just can't celebrate it! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

How on earth does Maguire get ahead of Konsa. It really is one of life's great mysterys.

Because Maguire is 'dependable' in big games if you believe Southgate. 

• Like 1

It was probably, but not certainly, the right decision, but who wants that given? It's **** bullshit. If it was given in real time as the AR's best guess I'd live with it, but stopping the game for minutes at a time to have some dickheads try to assess things to a margin that is basically imperceptible in real time has ruined the game for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Because Maguire is 'dependable' in big games if you believe Southgate. 

Because Southgate sees alot of himself in Maguire, ie a player totally out of his depth but given a chance at the top table. See also Pickford.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

VAR ruins football. Winning goal against any of the sly 6 in a semi final in the last seconds is always going to be ruled off...

Sorry to say that no way is a Coventry v man 115y final a more attractive game worldwide than yanited v 115y........all those plastic fans will generate lots more €£$

And that's all that matters these days 😖

Manure are such a spawny team.

The FA got what they wanted at least a massive final at Wembley between United and City...

Who cares if Coventry get shafted in the process.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I hate it. Can’t celebrate anything. 

PGMOL and VAR have conspired to make a mockery of the offside rule.

Even if you could make an argument that he was clearly offside (which would take a United fan or a PGMOL employee, but those are the same thing anyway), surely the whole basis of the offside rule is that an attacking player shouldn't have an advantage over a defender when the ball is played.

Please tell me how an attacker turned away from goal has an advantage over a defender facing the goal at full pelt?

It's a total joke. Drawing lines (which doesn't work anyway, as anyone can see from that image) is not what the rule is **** for. 

The **** goblins.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Has there ever been a player with such low levels of ability but such high levels of arrogance as Anthony? They're a disgusting team of scumbags, so he's in good company, but even by their standards the guy is a colossal prick. 

Bloke sees himself as Ronaldo when the rest of the world thinks he's Ronald McDonald.

• Like 1

They just said in the studio that the FA have said Onana isn't going to missing the final, even though he got booked twice, as the rules are different... 🤣

14 minutes ago, Caddy said:

Let's be honest here, Cov would've been dicked by City and I think somehow, watching United celebrate like they just won the WC after barely clinching pens against a midtable Championship side they blew a 3-0 lead against is more embarrassing than if they had lost the damn thing. Propah smalltime m8

Their fans cleared out of there pretty quick smart. They must have been pretty embarrassed with that.  

Just now, LondonLax said:

Their fans cleared out of there pretty quick smart. They must have been pretty embarrassed with that.  

Oh no the armchair fans are out on social media.. Best team won, never in doubt and other comments from people that probably didn't even watch the match 🤣

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

They just said in the studio that the FA have said Onana isn't going to missing the final, even though he got booked twice, as the rules are different... 🤣

They're all just making it up on the spot now. 

Might as well hand the trophies to who they want before the competitions even start. 

What's the point anymore?

I've no love at all for Coventry and the thought of them in a major cup final makes me a little uncomfortable, but I'd have them over that shower of cheating goblins any day of the week, and it sickens me that all the efforts and endeavour of a smaller team who played full of heart and love for the game is undone by some cynical rule-twisting by the powers that be.

Who've now decided that yellow cards don't have the same impact as they do in Europe.

Great work, you **** spineless, arrogant, cowardly, corrupt AND inept bunch of wankstains.

• Like 4

Â