Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Match Polls  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/24 at 22:59

32 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

4th place blown.  Oh well, it’s all about ambling over the line now.

Not necessarily, Spurs have a little clump of fixtures with the potential to derail them.

Hopefully a couple of decent European results for English clubs means we can storm to a glorious 5th place and a ticket to the big show.

We have a nasty habit, of inviting teams back in to a game, and squandering a lead. It's happened far too many times, to be a bad at the office or any other euphemism.

Ah well.....its food for thought.....I hope we don't waste it, by ignoring the elements of these games.

1 hour ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Should have won that by 3 or 4-0.

Instead, we totally switch off at 2-0 again. Not sure why we keep doing it but it needs to be sorted out. 

Evidently, neither does the back room staff.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Really poor result. Told you we shouldn't have rested players for City game.

I didn’t see the logic in it either but oh well 

disgraceful today letting that 2.0 second half lead slip to Brentford. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Softest booking for Luiz. Thanks you shit ref that had no control, let everything go against us in the first half then called everything for them in the second.

Absolute awful game, should never concede three. 4th still ours to lose but why do we have to make it so fecking hard for ourselves.

Tbf it’s in spurs hands now with their games in hand. Albeit their run looks very hard after Forrest 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Likely to lose away to Arsenal next which means one point from three games. Brighton, palace and Bournemouth games are huge now. If you're a betting man it seems inevitable we will finish fifth, especially with more European games ahead. 

The game itself showed we are running on fumes. No energy, no pace, players walking around. Alright it's tough when BrentFord were defending so deep but you need to up the pace then. 

The only time we upped the pace was when it was do or die stuff at the end. Why didn't we start like that. When we got the equaliser the subs should have been made them. 

Lastly zaniolo couldn't trap a bag of cement when he came on. Looked woeful. 

So lets get this right.....we upped the pace and tempo at the end.......but we was running on fumes....The issue was around the hour mark, so how could we muster energy at the end, when we didn't have enough to challenge their players for the 3 goals, around the hour.

I think further examination/ analysing  is needed.

Wind swirling about and we wasted most of the first half passing from side to side. You have to get balls into the box on days like these. Brentford did exactly this second half and got 3 goals. We did it twice and got 2 ourselves. 5 out of the 6 goals were crosses into the box. 

Edited by WHY

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

It's been coming for months we do the hard work get a lead and switch off concede the most sloppy goals you can bet on it nearly every game never has been rectified poor defending it come back to bite us. Our defence is to loose always a mistake. 7 goals in 2 games you aren't making top 4.

As for the players a bit of pressure and they go missing seen it this year to often besides McGinn no one stands up.

yes it has.

Two points absolutely thrown away, and possibly 4th place with it. 

Lost focus for a period yet again.  It’s like they thought at 2-0 they could cruise a bit and you can’t do that in the PL.  Emery has got to do something about that.  Don’t think it happens with Mings there.

Konsa’s worst game in years, offered little going forward,  misplaced multiple passes, and lost the ball leading to the third. 

Just watched the goals back and have to give Pau much of the blame for the third, Diego told him to go with Wissa and he just stopped giving him a tap in.  He was pretty poor for the second too.

Bailey was off it a bit but was being double marked all through.

Rogers reminds me a bit of Ramsey at times, looks a decent player and took his goal brilliantly. 

Ollie was living off scraps and did amazingly to get two.

Finally, Luiz has to be one of the dumbest footballers around.  Constantly gives away unnecessary free kicks by getting suckered in, but getting himself a yellow in the last seconds for a two game ban was moronic even by his standards.

2 hours ago, ozvilla28 said:

Those weaker sides worry me we can't defend just to sloppy.

I turned to my mate at 2-0 up and said "I just want a clean sheet again".......then the effing tsunami came.

This is happening too often, to be ignored or dismissed.....its bordering on shocking, the manner of it.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Lost focus for a period yet again.  It’s like they thought at 2-0 they could cruise a bit and you can’t do that in the PL.  Emery has got to do something about that.  Don’t think it happens with Mings there.

Konsa’s worst game in years, offered little going forward,  misplaced multiple passes, and lost the ball leading to the third. 

Just watched the goals back and have to give Pau much of the blame for the third, Diego told him to go with Wissa and he just stopped giving him a tap in.  He was pretty poor for the second too.

Rogers reminds me a bit of Ramsey at times, looks a decent player and took his goal brilliantly. 

Finally, Luiz has to be one of the dumbest footballers around.  Constantly gives away unnecessary free kicks by getting suckered in, but getting himself a yellow in the last seconds for a two game ban was moronic even by his standards.

Luiz hasn’t been great since Kamara got injured. His constant hanging on to the ball when there is a simple pass on is starting to infuriate me, it’s like he’s gone back to being the old Dougie. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Incidentally, we've now scored 93 goals this season, with at least eight more games to play.

let’s round it up to 100 by the end of the month! Or even the week ! 

37 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Pau Torres defending today was some of the worst I've ever seen in a Villa shirt. Beyond pathetic. Having said that, Konsa was also utter dogshit. It's unnecessary losses like this, that'll surely make the difference in the end. Hopefully we see an instant reaction next game.

Rogers sublime move and finish a positive. Watkins masterclass once again.

Nice to see someone taking the positives, in this otherwise sea of misery, which we’ve come to expect in this place after any backward step. Yes from 2-0 up to going behind is disappointing but that was a game thst from there we would have lost in the past so getting a draw wasn’t as bad as it might have been. A good performance and result on Thursday will lift spirits once more. For Villa fans anyway. I’m old fashioned from the Ron Saunders era of , “would you bet against us ?”

sadly there aren’t many of us in here anymore, the depression if everything isn’t perfect straight away, generation have taken over now, sadly. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Luiz hasn’t been great since Kamara got injured. His constant hanging on to the ball when there is a simple pass on is starting to infuriate me, it’s like he’s gone back to being the old Dougie. 

I think we are missing Kamara more than any of the other absentees, we are pretty open through the middle. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Dougie is not a 6....and while he fills in, this is going to happen.....it happened before Kamara arrived, and its started again.......We don't have any defensive minded midfielders, with experience other than Kamara....Tim is WIP.

This present team, with the injuries, has a soft under belly.....and they are showing it to us.....We simply invite teams back in to games, by slacking off....at 2-0 up you could see it, creeping in to our game, but we haven't got the personnel to arrest, the slacking off....we just bring on further attackers, and all it does is change faces.

This is nothing new....but if we have ambitions, it needs to be addressed in the summer.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

We're not the only club who have missed opportunities. All clubs have them, it's who has the least that counts. If we end the season in 5th, then that's where we'll deserve to be, regardless of excuses. 

I don't agree. You can't say we've deserved the injuries we've had, which have been a big factor at key times this season. 

You also can't suggest we've deserved to face United, Newcastle and Spurs on their absolute best days this season when all 3 have been largely shite or jammy elsewhere.

Football doesn't work the way you suggest. The concept of merit is elusive when it's not a level playing field out there.

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m old fashioned from the Ron Saunders era of , “would you bet against us ?”

sadly there aren’t many of us in here anymore, the depression if everything isn’t perfect straight away, generation have taken over now, sadly. 

This 110%

Edited by mottaloo

Gutted we couldn’t hang on for a win and that wouldn’t have been flattering for us.Dreadful referee we were attacking with players over and Jensen gets wiped out and he blows for half time one of the many poor decisions for both sides all game.Im reading on here we parked the bus 😃we had as many shots on target as Villa and always looked dangerous going forward and Beumo scored the goal of the game.Hope Villa get 4 th spot just pleased with a few players on the way back we are looking like a good side again.

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

let’s round it up to 100 by the end of the month! Or even the week ! 

Nice to see someone taking the positives, in this otherwise sea of misery, which we’ve come to expect in this place after any backward step. Yes from 2-0 up to going behind is disappointing but that was a game thst from there we would have lost in the past so getting a draw wasn’t as bad as it might have been. A good performance and result on Thursday will lift spirits once more. For Villa fans anyway. I’m old fashioned from the Ron Saunders era of , “would you bet against us ?”

Dave....Then you should know better than anyone......You and I was not brought up on that defending....Ron would turn in his grave, watching that puny offering, from 2-0 to 2-3

It was truly shocking.....

I don't think it's fair, to deny any fan a moan after that debacle of a collapse.

We all have to move on, because we have no choice, but to dismiss that, with any mitigation, is a bit rich, for me.