Pre-match thread - Cup Final 3 of 10

ender4

Just now, tomav84 said:

with pau and bailey on the bench there has to be an illness in the camp. it's the only explanation.

Or we’ve got a more important game on Saturday. Settle down, no one has the shits. 

Jeez you lot are flustered, it’s obvious you don’t feel confident either or you wouldn’t be responding to any of my negative posts.

But it’s negative because of that lineup. No true Villa fan can look at that lineup and be positive about this game. 

I don’t like watching my team get embarrassed, that’s why I’m so angry. I’ve seen enough hammerings this season, it seems Emery likes losing badly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Callum said:

Or we’ve got a more important game on Saturday. Settle down, no one has the shits. 

Well, Martinez might. We know for a fact he's out with illness.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

This is a free hit.

Very understandable Unai not risking everyone.

Right game to make some changes.

• Like 3

Diaby and Zaniolo will work hard off the ball, i presume thats why he has picked them.

I would presume Morgan is playing in Tielemanns role, which is probably his long term position, and Tim offers more strength and aggression.

I think its a well balanced team with an eye on Saturday tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

with pau and bailey on the bench there has to be an illness in the camp. it's the only explanation.

Why would they be on the bench? I think we’ve rotated squad and gone for the same defensive setup that handled Haaland/City at Villa Park - I guess Langlet is rotated in for Torres.

Sadly, in a way, Haaland isn’t playing but I don’t think our selection is down to illness - other than playing Olsen, of course. 

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Jeez you lot are flustered, it’s obvious you don’t feel confident either or you wouldn’t be responding to any of my negative posts.

But it’s negative because of that lineup. No true Villa fan can look at that lineup and be positive about this game. 

I don’t like watching my team get embarrassed, that’s why I’m so angry. I’ve seen enough hammerings this season, it seems Emery likes losing badly.

Yeah he loves it because he's a crap manager, isn't that right?

Ballsy going away to City and not playing a goalkeeper. 😉

Well, Emery has given this lot a big opportunity to perform at the highest level there is really. I thought free hit before, definitely is now, hopefully we're going to play football and allow this side to give it a go. Let's see, I'm not optimistic but anything other than a hiding was the goal before this game anyway...

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

it seems Emery likes losing badly.

Villa having the best season that I can properly remember, have already beaten Man City and have a World Class manager…

…who apparently just likes losing badly? :D 

• Like 3

As I've said about Ollie missing out and now Emi...its probably the best game they could miss as they could still play and we may lose. This game is a shot to nothing. If we get something out of it then great if not whatever.

Edited by birdman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

it's getting old Leeroy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

If we get thumped and then don’t beat Brentford serious questions have to be asked.

You just don’t put that team out at Manchester City. If we get a hiding today it not only damages GD but also confidence. 

I genuinely don’t know know what Emery is playing at tbh.

Oh come on, it hits confidence less when you know you've rotated your first team out.  We are running out of fit players, surely people can see this?!   

I'd have started Tim in at least one game weeks ago!